Ray Ray

590 Shockwave, NJ legal?

17 minutes ago, fishnut said:

If it can be transported as a long gun it looks like I'll be getting a new truck gun

Don't you have something similar?  I remember seeing it at the last shotgun shootout.

Here is the e-mail from the state:

FFLs -

Please be advised that the following decision has been made regarding the Mossberg Model 590 Shockwave, Black Aces Tactical DT and the Remington TAC-14. The New Jersey State Police Firearms Investigation Unit concurs with the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) that these pistol grip only designed firearms are legal for sale in the State of New Jersey as a firearm. As such the firearm will be sold utilizing normal retail sale procedures required under Federal and State law. The required State paperwork will include the Certificate Of Eligibility and not a Permit To Purchase A Handgun & Form Of Register.

Firearms with similar design and structure must fall within this definition of a firearm and must not have been manufactured as a "shotgun" (NJSA 2C:39-1n) or meet the Federal requirement of "any other weapon (AOW)" which measures less then 26 inches in overall length. The firearm must also comply with all BATF requirements.

So now we will be stocking Shockwaves for Legal Sales in NJ - Yay!!!!!
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Purple Patrick said:

So can a pistol brace be put on one?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Great minds think alike, I was thinking that very same question.

My guess is no unfortunately 

Group I’m in is doing a raffle for a tac 14

302 phalanx

$5 a ticket

200 tickets

Members can’t win

Raffle is out of Delaware.

I didn’t post it until today for obvious reasons

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart?flowlogging_id=c7e804231f767&mfid=1508198696547_c7e804231f767#/checkout/openButton

http://302phalanxfoundation.org/mobile/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, stuckinNJ said:

I don’t mean a NJ FFL, I mean an online shop which have far better prices.

Also, I’d still like to just have an official letter just as a general rule.

I'm done giving letters. did that once and the letter ended up being posted here and then on FB... Wont do that again.

Official letter with Who's letterhead?

10 hours ago, InFamous said:

You sayin' I can't handle the 12GA? :p

Fighting words LOL

8 hours ago, stuckinNJ said:

Can someone please provide an official letter with a letterhead so we can produce them for vendors who still may think it’s illegal? Thanks 

You think that is fair to the vendors here? Your best bet is get the NJSP to send you a copy. Don't expect vendors here to support using outside online vendors.

• Like 7

If you want one of these, shop local and pay cash. You'll be a bit less or same out of pocket than online. I've already searched and after shipping and transfer it seems to be an even deal. Unless you find one for around $299 online (there isn't any that I saw) just get it local, IMO.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bhunted said:

You think that is fair to the vendors here? Your best bet is get the NJSP to send you a copy. Don't expect vendors here to support using outside online vendors.

I was going to suggest that he have his online retailer contact the NJSP for a letter (which i doubt they will give).

I dont see any vendors giving letters so someone can buy it someplace else. that just makes no sense.

• Like 4