Ray Ray

590 Shockwave, NJ legal?

1 hour ago, Screwball said:

How much, if you don’t mind me asking?

PM sent

6 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

How is it I'm not on your customer email list?  Sending you a PM to hopefully fix that.

Hey,

just goto my site and subscribe.

so after 6 pages of back n forth....is this thing legal?

and if not, what makes it illegal? i saw one post saying anything over .50 cal is considered destructive device, which has me wondering how it'd be illegal on this and not others?

5 hours ago, remixer said:

I will say... Im shocked at how many people actually want the shockwave and Tac14. 

The response to my customer email blast has been impressive.

I’m shocked by how many people want them as well.

I just don’t see the utility and having fired pistol gripped shotguns without stocks many time, I know how much they suck for most tasks when compared to a shotgun with a stock.

But that’s just me....

6 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I just don’t see the utility and having fired pistol gripped shotguns without stocks many time, I know how much they suck for most tasks.

But that’s just me....

I doubt anyone is buying this with the intention of seriously using it as a tool...   Is more of a Novelty Fun type Shotty.

Im sure some will have this in the trunk of a car :)

Don't get me wrong - if you want one, buy one. That’s all the justification you need.

I just think there will be a robust “lightly used” market for these in the next year or so when folks realize that this doesn’t really fill the role they thought it would.

I’ll probably pick one up at that point and kit it out like my breaching gun for training purposes.

FDNQVdv.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, InFamous said:

If you want one of these, shop local and pay cash. You'll be a bit less or same out of pocket than online. I've already searched and after shipping and transfer it seems to be an even deal. Unless you find one for around $299 online (there isn't any that I saw) just get it local, IMO.

That's because dealer cost is well above $299. and these are still a hot item nationwide, so Mossberg and the wholesalers aren't discounting them (and won't be anytime soon).

I agree buy local

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

Don't get me wrong - if you want one, buy one. That’s all the justification you need.

I just think there will be a robust “lightly used” market for these in the next year or so when folks realize that this doesn’t really fill the role they thought it would.

I’ll probably pick one up at that point and kit it out like my breaching gun for training purposes.

FDNQVdv.jpg

hopefully they're still legal at that time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

I just don’t see the utility and having fired pistol gripped shotguns without stocks many time, I know how much they suck for most tasks when compared to a shotgun with a stock.

But that’s just me....

Yeah, they do suck for most tasks.  I imagine you'll see a lot of bloody noses at the range.  You have to know how to shoot these.

I used to use a short barrel pistol grip shotgun similar to this.  I used one if I needed something to use in tight spaces when I knew the range would be short.

31 minutes ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Evan is already preparing a defense on this.

You just can't take a law out of a lawyer............  lol

http://www.evannappen.com/possible-defense-for-possessing-a-shockwave.html

Damn, I want one.. now I just read all of that.. Don't know what to do now :unsure:

9 hours ago, High Exposure said:

But that’s just me....

Ive owned two pistol gripped shotguns, one with the grip used on the Shockwave.   The standard pistol grip used on Mossbergs is horrible, to say the least.   The Hogue version is slightly better.   This birds head grip is miles above any other grip.  It takes the sting from the recoil out of your palm and allows the gun to roll with your arms.  It's a major improvement. 

ok. when i asked before, i had never seen any of these.

what the hell are these supposed to be good for? screw paying good money for one of these. if i want something that looks like it's got an arm stump for a stock, i'll make my own stock outta wood, and bolt it on.

also...i agree with whomever made the bloody nose comment.

If anybody gets a bloody nose from this they are holding it wrong.   Watch the Thunder Ranch video for this gun.  Both arms full extended, not near your face.  Use it that way and you might say “aahhhh I see now...”

• Like 2

Not if you want to hit anything 15-20 yards away.
As a defensive firearm, I don't think it would be necessary or wise to try at that distance. I am sure it would be accurate enough for a target within the confines of one's home, or one close enough to be a threat.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

• Like 2