Ray Ray

590 Shockwave, NJ legal?

8 minutes ago, PK90 said:

As a defensive firearm, I don't think it would be necessary or wise to try at that distance. I am sure it would be accurate enough for a target within the confines of one's home, or one close enough to be a threat.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

I used to have to qualify with the standard shotgun course at work to carry the short barrel pistol grip guns.  That included 5 slugs at 25 yds.  I'd keep them in a 5-6" group.  Not stellar accuracy but nice to know it'll work.

I agree that most SD confrontations will be well within 10 yds, probably 5.

1 hour ago, remixer said:

I thought you are supposed to shoot this holding it in front of your crotch.

Nope, stock goes in strong hand side pants pocket. But only denims or ripstop. Others will tear and rip your pants off in which will leave everyone crying in laughter. :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, remixer said:

That would work for some.

25 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Nope, stock goes in strong hand side pants pocket. But only denims or ripstop. Others will tear and rip your pants off in which will leave everyone crying in laughter. :D

Better with Bob overalls.  The suspenders transfer the recoil to your shoulders.

11 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i know. but you know as well as i do that some dumbass is gonna go watch this! and shoulder it

I've seen them do it.  Even after being told not to and why.

5 hours ago, remixer said:

Steve, you need to make a instructional video for this technique.  I have professional experience in video production and would gladly do this for you for free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I didn't want one until I watched the Hickok45 video. :D

Same here, but I probably still wont get one.  It's one of those neat things that looks fun but I doubt it would see the light of day after the honeymoon was over.

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

Same here, but I probably still wont get one.  It's one of those neat things that looks fun but I doubt it would see the light of day after the honeymoon was over.

Buying shit you don't need, with money you don't have, is the American way!

Where's your patriotism!!! :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sota said:

Buying shit you don't need, with money you don't have, is the American way!

Where's your patriotism!!! :D

Well, it would make a sick scabbard gun on a 3 day pack.  I could run around the house pretending that North Korea is invading the motherland and I'm securing the perimeter.  Seriously though, it would be the cats ass of accessories for a MOLLE backpack.

Just now, Scorpio64 said:

Well, it would make a sick scabbard gun on a 3 day pack.  I could run around the house pretending that North Korea is invading the motherland and I'm securing the perimeter.  Seriously though, it would be the cats ass of accessories for a MOLLE backpack.

So... why aren't you buying one then! :D

4 hours ago, fishnut said:

I don't see why not. Maybe i can shoot it one handed and hit clays like my buddy Dave. 

Adam, I'll give it a whirl if somebody brings one to the shoot, lol!  I'd do like what Hickok .45 did to his Shockwave:  1.  Grip Tape to stop his webbing between thumb & index finger from hitting safety switch.  2.  Covering the phillips head screws in the fore end with some black electrical tape.  More user-friendly.

This tool is best pointed while holding in front of you, as the video demonstrates.  Shooting from the hip can make you miss because your FEET position determine where the rounds/shot wind-up.  It's a technique that requires lots of practice to get it right, and most shooters won't dedicate the time to get it RIGHT.  Firing a scattergun from the right hip lends itself to missing by having the pattern go wide to the left.  The exact opposite happens for southpaws.  This is because the weak hand has to be uncomfortably elongated to keep muzzle pointed strait when standing squared-up to the intended target.  For this reason, learning where/how to place your feet so that your NATURAL point is in front of you is necessary.  Guys like me with short arms & big guts especially :) 

Gimmie some Gun Club Lite (2 3/4 Dram, marked for 1145 fps) & I could mess with some clays.  High brass buckshot or slugs is a two-hand scenario for me and I doubt that I'd want to shoot it all day long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlueLineFish said:

Since its now legal and I don't have one I am getting one. Shocker..i know. Want to get in on the window before they change their mind

werd.

saturday, I get mine. I'll bring it to next SGS

• Like 1