Ray Ray

590 Shockwave, NJ legal?

1) Gut about 5" - 6" of 550 cord.

2) Tie the gutted cord into a loop.

3) Remove the grip.

4) Put the loop around the grip stud so some hangs out on the side of the receiver.

5) Reattach the grip. (You may have to create a channel in the grip for the cord to fit).

6) Clip your sling to the loop.

You now have a cheap and soft single sling attachment point.

• Like 3

I just ordered the GG&G QD one off MidwayUSA (right hand, so on left/non-ejection port side)... looking at a few views of it, it may work without any modification. If not, I’ll just take a little bit off the sidesaddle plate. No big deal.

Got a MS4, as well. I have two or three in inventory that I use among a few guns, but wanted one just for the TAC-14 (like the one for my SUB-2000, which I added a double magazine pouch to keep extra ammo on the gun; plus, I can set it up for that specific firearm and not mess with it). I also got a Troy MLOK QD point for the forend, as I’m considering a two point option for another way of carry. Should be able to put it on the rear end of the forend, in line with the rail for the TLR-1, and have a good way to carry it more secured than just one point. I like options, and how it sits, that setup should be everything I want out of it.

• Like 1

Question for Shockwave or TAC-14 guys... any benefit for doing threading for choke tubes?

I prefer choke tubes on most of my shotguns, and had my Ithaca 37 threaded to accept Remington chokes (have an adapter on my KSG to do the same). Only gun using different chokes is my Mossberg SRII... which I use for trap.

My main home defense shotgun is a 20” 870 Police, but left the IC barrel alone (sent it to Robar before I thought about it). Get decent results with PDX1 out of it. The TAC-14 is definitely something I’d like to get as much out of... but seems that they get tight patterns within the most effective range. Can still toss in slugs, but not going to be shooting to the point where a Modified or Full choke would make a difference.

Main reason I ask is that I’m looking to send the barrel to Rose Action Sports. But I’m also considering picking up a vent-rib barrel for it from Suarez International. Not a fan of the owner, but I do like the rib over just a bead sight. If I do get it, might send both barrels to Rose Action Sports... OEM barrel to have the chamber polished, and the SI barrel to have sights changed out (comes polished). Probably would do a white dot up front, and a brass mid bead.

In regards to the barrel, only option would be the rib. No refinishing, no fiber optic front sight. I considered the porting, but rather not... shouldn’t have to worry about burning myself due to the handstops, but being an unconventional firearm, don’t want to worry about venting gas upwards. Definitely can’t do choke tubes if I port it.

https://suarezinternational.com/stakeout-870-14-barrel-for-tac-14/

Have a SI vent rib barrel on order... [emoji41]

Also, got the GG&G mount on the gun. Required me to grind down the sidesaddle plate. Smoothed it out, but will look great whenever I get it refinished (leaning towards Robar).

eJ5NWuw.jpg

And put a mount on the forend, in case I want to two point it. Doesn’t get in the way of utilizing the light, so rather have the ability.

zVUIlj0.jpg

In single point, very comfortable position and easy to bring into action.

• Like 1

Have one on my FDE AR...

They are nice lights, but prefer the toggle of a pistol light over the toggle on them (push button, but to switch from moment/constant, rotate a lever).

TLR-1 is likely staying on. It is 800 Lumen, with a strobe function I’ll likely never use. [emoji41]

Scorpio64, like the wood on it. Was tossing that around for my TAC-14, but rather the handstop system I got on it.

1 hour ago, Purple Patrick said:

Picked minde up today with a case of low recoil buck... now for some accessories

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

From who!

And where are the gawd damn pics?

The bag is a Hazard 4 takedown.   The Shockwave fits PERFECTLY inside the concealed carry/hydration pocket so I can use the main compartment for a broken down AR.  Win

20180101_150631.jpg

20171229_141747.jpg

• Like 1

Never understood why they did the Marine finish just on the receiver... would bother they hell out of me.

But nice to see case/bag options for it. I have an old Blackhawk Discrete Bag (discontinued), which looks like a racket case. Fits perfectly in that, if I yank out the Velcro divider. Hard to find a 26”-28” case for it, as most that small are designed for bullpups.

Anyone know of a short gun sock that doesn’t hang the length of the TAC-14/Shockwave past it?

• Like 1

Never understood why they did the Marine finish just on the receiver... would bother they hell out of me.

But nice to see case/bag options for it. I have an old Blackhawk Discrete Bag (discontinued), which looks like a racket case. Fits perfectly in that, if I yank out the Velcro divider. Hard to find a 26”-28” case for it, as most that small are designed for bullpups.

Anyone know of a short gun sock that doesn’t hang the length of the TAC-14/Shockwave past it?
Cut and sew.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Screwball said:

I'd rather the whole gun as well, but I can't change that.  

No add ons for me.  No side saddle, no rails, no extras.  

Wait, I need a light.   Hello GG&G

• Like 1

That's my plan.  The short ones are too short and the long ones are too long.  Long is easy to fix.  My tailor will nip and tuck a scabbard for $12

That actually is a smart thing to look into... have to check the cleaner I use.

I'd rather the whole gun as well, but I can't change that.  
No add ons for me.  No side saddle, no rails, no extras.  
Wait, I need a light.   Hello GG&G

You can change it... I stopped asking CCR about doing my TAC-14, but they just don’t plate alloys (which is already done). If the barrel fits in their tray, might be able to do everything else. I do know Brad over there has a thing for shotguns. Other option is Robar. Just depends on how much money you are willing to put into it. [emoji41]

You just doing a rail and pistol light? For me, I want the sidesaddle for a reload. I really just can’t wait for the new barrel, which I’m going to decide on what sights I’m going to have installed.

5 hours ago, Screwball said:

You can change it... I stopped asking CCR about doing my TAC-14, but they just don’t plate alloys (which is already done). If the barrel fits in their tray, might be able to do everything else. I do know Brad over there has a thing for shotguns. Other option is Robar. Just depends on how much money you are willing to put into it. emoji41.png

You just doing a rail and pistol light? For me, I want the sidesaddle for a reload. I really just can’t wait for the new barrel, which I’m going to decide on what sights I’m going to have installed.

If I had to do it again, I would get the all black version.   The side saddle would cover the beautiful finish and I like the look of the gun as is.  GG&G makes a rail section that fits over the extension tube and under the cap.  It too would look funny.

She is gonna probably stay as is.  

• Like 1