Ray Ray

590 Shockwave, NJ legal?

What if the NJSP:NJ government falls back on these like AR's? Do the people have to take the loss on these firearms also?  Or is this substantially different from a legality stand point? 

Afraid to buy something thats legal today and illegal tomorrow. Can't afford to lose money; I work very hard for mine.

9 minutes ago, Chris1 said:

What if the NJSP:NJ government falls back on these like AR's? Do the people have to take the loss on these firearms also?  Or is this substantially different from a legality stand point? 

Afraid to buy something thats legal today and illegal tomorrow. Can't afford to lose money; I work very hard for mine.

Don’t live in fear

• Like 4

Finally got my new barrel...

XMUEwqG.jpg

dIXH2o9.jpg

sIjtUBC.jpg

Suarez International barrel. Skipped the porting, as it would be right along my TLR-1. Chinese barrel, but they do a good job of cleaning it up. Really like the gold bead, and the rib really makes it easier to sight.

The first barrel I got had the extractor cut in the wrong place, so couldn’t close the bolt. S/I handled it the best they could. Was going to open it up, but they made the decision to go with a new barrel due to how far it was off.

Unsure what I’m doing with the OEM barrel. Gun will be going to Robar, but unsure on if the second barrel will be sent along with it.

• Like 1

So I came across this on Mrgunsngear's channel.

He added a SB tactical brace to the 590. Any reason NJ would prohibit that? I feel like that would cure a lot of the gripes about handling and comfort while firing. 

He added a SB tactical brace to the 590. Any reason NJ would prohibit that? I feel like that would cure a lot of the gripes about handling and comfort while firing.

Same letter that cleared the Shockwave and TAC-14 included the Black Aces Tactical DT... which comes with a brace.

Far from a lawyer, but would think it would be fine. Any FFLs selling or inquired about selling braced firearms?

3 hours ago, shooter28 said:

The "brace" is uncomfortable to use in 556 and 9mm pistols, I can only imagaine it would be even worse in 12 gauge.  I will keep mine in OEM form.

• Like 1

The "brace" is uncomfortable to use in 556 and 9mm pistols, I can only imagaine it would be even worse in 12 gauge.  I will keep mine in OEM form.

I considered using my KSG (before I sold it) for a round of trap at Salomon’s... think I’d have to feel it out, first.

While I don’t have any hesitation with legality, I just hate listening to people apply their own version of law onto things they don’t know about. Most of the guys I shot with there would likely be interested... but I can say of one or two who would start an argument.

Just realized I didn’t post this in here...

kP6q74F.jpg
  • Like 2

Just now, Screwball said:

I considered using my KSG (before I sold it) for a round of trap at Salomon’s...

How often do you shoot at Salomon's?  I'm a member there and usually shoot open practice there a few times a month, on Tuesdays mostly.

9 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Check out the tailhook "brace" it's not bad at all. I did not like the flex of the other ones I fondled 

58 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Check out the tailhook "brace" it's not bad at all. I did not like the flex of the other ones I fondled 

https://www.gearheadworks.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=89jl7cu1b7jq0eim70kav5q967

I am assuming you would use an AR "stock" adapter and then get their pistol buffer tube and tail hook?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

https://www.gearheadworks.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=89jl7cu1b7jq0eim70kav5q967

I am assuming you would use an AR "stock" adapter and then get their pistol buffer tube and tail hook?

I think that's probably the easiest route for a Shockwave right now I imagine with the shockwaves popularity that they will probably be coming out with a specific adapter. I was fondeling it on the CZ scorpion

• Like 1

How often do you shoot at Salomon's?  I'm a member there and usually shoot open practice there a few times a month, on Tuesdays mostly.

Not much anymore... last year, somewhat regularly.

Went there from a contractor/handyman we use at our company... who is a regular.

https://www.remington.com/other-products/v3-tac-13

Figure this would be somewhat fitting in here.

I wish they did it off a 1100 or 11-87, and licensed a design to get rid of the action spring tube. Liking the 13” barrel.

Either this or the Black Aces 1100 firearms. Likely a move purchase, but should be legal for NJ. Now the question is if it is a “firearm,” is adding a pistol grip (brace) legal?

• Like 1