bikesandbeers

Looking to Buy First Gun - Seeking Advice

45 minutes ago, gunnarsport said:

Diamondd817,

Since when does Glock offer a 15 round magazine for the Glock 17?? Your only choice is the optional 10 round magazine.

Glock made a 15rnd g17 back about six months ago, haven't seen many since then.  If you look online you can find the magazines they are out of stock often but midwayusa and others get the magazines in stock every few weeks.

On 6/5/2017 at 8:09 AM, gunnarsport said:

Diamondd817,

Since when does Glock offer a 15 round magazine for the Glock 17?? Your only choice is the optional 10 round magazine.

They're not factory direct from Glock, but I've seen pinned G17 mags at a few shops in central NJ. Just need to find a shop that does compliance work like Howell Gun Works or Monmouth Arms. :)

1 hour ago, mattm754 said:

They're not factory direct from Glock, but I've seen pinned G17 mags at a few shops in central NJ. Just need to find a shop that does compliance work like Howell Gun Works or Monmouth Arms. :)

Glock makes 15rd Glock 17 mags. I know, I have them. Glock 33950-01

http://gunmagwarehouse.com/glock-magazine-gen-4-glock-19-9mm-luger-15-round-with-block-polymer-black.html

http://www.lapolicegear.com/glock-mf17015b-15-9mm-fs-mag.html

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/glock-factory-magazines-c-94/glock-17-9mm-factory-15-rd-co-and-nj-compliant-glock-339501-p-1714.html

IMG_20170610_082701062.jpg

24 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

How reliable are they? I won't use their factory 10 round mags for anything other than training because I have found them to be less than reliable.

I find them 100% reliable so far. Not sure of exact round count, but at least 500rds each (I have 3).

Wondering if OP every purchased anything, has started their FID and pistol permit paperwork or at least tried a few different firearms?

The CZ Kadet Conversion is very well respected.  Don't be afraid to look at the CZ 75 just because you've never heard of CZ.  It is one of the most widely copied platforms in the world.  Very well respected firearm.

I've shoot my friends Buckmark and it was very accurate.  Eventually I would like to pick one up myself.  So many good 22s to choose from!  

• Like 1