Twospot

TruGlo TFX - Anyone use them?

Looking at either these or Speed Sights for my Glock 19. Anyone have any experience with them at an indoor range? These are a bit cheaper than speed sights and overall get good reviews. I am just concerned that spending extra on the fiber/tritium may be a waste for the majority of shooting I'll do. Ranges aren't the most well lit in the stalls. When I was shooting at GSSC the other day I don't recall there being a light overhead. Therefore the fiber won't help much as there will be no direct light for it to use. Obviously Tritium is useless in light as well. I definitely would like to switch out to something that has some type of contrast. So any other recommendations are much appreciated. Thanks!

I have the TFX's on my M&P9, This is my nightstand firearm.

I am almost exclusively shooting at indoor ranges.

So here are my personal thoughts:

Since it was my nightstand firearm I wanted the tritium and I liked the idea of good fiber optics for range and good light situations.

My issue is, mine don't seem all that bright for tritium sights ?? but I don't have anything else to compare them too.

The green dots are small, and the front blade is very wide.  When shooting from any kind of distance (10 yards or more) my sights cover the entire center area of the target.  Granted for "Defensive" sights it's plenty good.

I have a set of Dawson Precision sights on another firearm and like them much better.  It's the competition set, with front FO and rear plain black. (Something like this for your glock: https://dawsonprecision.com/1-seller-dawson-precision-glock-fixed-competition-sight-set-black-rear-fiber-optic-front/)

Hope this helps some

-Craig

I have the TFX's on my M&P9, This is my nightstand firearm.

I am almost exclusively shooting at indoor ranges.

So here are my personal thoughts:

Since it was my nightstand firearm I wanted the tritium and I liked the idea of good fiber optics for range and good light situations.

My issue is, mine don't seem all that bright for tritium sights ?? but I don't have anything else to compare them too.

The green dots are small, and the front blade is very wide.  When shooting from any kind of distance (10 yards or more) my sights cover the entire center area of the target.  Granted for "Defensive" sights it's plenty good.

I have a set of Dawson Precision sights on another firearm and like them much better.  It's the competition set, with front FO and rear plain black. (Something like this for your glock: https://dawsonprecision.com/1-seller-dawson-precision-glock-fixed-competition-sight-set-black-rear-fiber-optic-front/)

Hope this helps some

-Craig

Thanks Craig. This is definitely helpful. I have seen other posts referring to Dawson bothe here and on another Glock forum. Nothing but good things. I will definitely consider them. It seems the TFX front sight is pretty long and reduces the sight radius. Is this the same for the Dawsons?

I have them on my Sig P320 compact.  I mainly shoot outdoor, so the fiber optic is definitely a plus for me, they are certainly bright enough outdoors.  I find the tritium bright "enough" inside in the dark.  If it is pitch black, you can see them easy enough..  if it is not pitch black, chances are you wont need them anyway.  I have a set of Trijicons on my CZ and they are only nominally brighter than the TFX's.  (The difference is that the TFX has the tritium behind the FO, so there will always be a little dulling there),  They are really "pretty good of both worlds".  They arent the BEST of both worlds (there are probably better fiber optics and there are probably better night sights), but they are a pretty good combination.

I wanted them since I shoot outside most of the time, but i also have the Sig as a home defense-ready pistol, so i wanted the option of the tritium as well (whether i ever have to use it or not). 

CAVEAT - I bought the TFX Pro (with the orange outline in the front).  I think the orange is brighter and easier to pick up (for me). 

EceQhVM.jpgERY2xIz.jpg

Daytime and evening with some ambient lighting.. 

I like them myself.  They are certainly not inexpensive though. 

In the OP's situation, I probably would not get these sights for those shooting situations.  For me, they do what i wanted... 

As for the fiber optic length, i think you will find most are longer..   I dont think you are losing all THAT much sight radius on a G19 for general range shooting...

Thanks Craig. This is definitely helpful. I have seen other posts referring to Dawson bothe here and on another Glock forum. Nothing but good things. I will definitely consider them. It seems the TFX front sight is pretty long and reduces the sight radius. Is this the same for the Dawsons?

The Dawson front blade is definitely shorter than the TFX, but still longer than your stock Glock front blade.  Will it these small difference in length make a difference with respect to sight radius benefits...., probably not.

Thanks for all of the help. I decided to try out the Speed Sights. I really like how noticeable the front sight is. Once I get them and get them on (debating whether to do it myself or have a smith do it) I'll get some pics up and my first impressions.