panteramatt

New firestick

its not JAILBREAKING!!!!

lol

its sideloading an app called KODI. then installing some addon from there. I even shown my GF how to install it, very simple.

Installation video of KODI on Firestick

No fee for the movies and sports ... is it on the up and up ... NO .. will you get busted .. so many ppl have it, unlikely...

Who ever got busted on NAPSTER?

It's the Exodus that I know about. You know about. Everybody knows about.

Cough, I'm sure the FCC has no idea about.

Nabster? School of fish mentality? One member here has a son in law that is now a prohibited person because of similar.

I'm not telling you what to do. You have your choice.

But my nerd( he's mine, I'm keeping) told me I should some sort of TOR if I want to do what many of you are suggesting.

That's a big red flag as my nerd( he's mine, you can't have him) has the firestick and is not running exodus.

But hey. Life is all bout choices. I'm not going to tell you how to chose. I will say what I have chosen and why.

1. No one gets in trouble using kodi! 

2. Every show on TV is on there for free! Yes this includes everything on HBO and all channels like it. (except for 3 gun nation, God dam it) 

3. Everything streams with the fire stick, no downloads. (sarcasm time) probably why it's called a streaming stick. 

4. Your not jailbreaking anything, your just adding an application. 

5. The main channels for kodi are 1 channel, exodus and phoenix. 

6. Every movie ever is on there too. Ever see that movie with that chick that... Yeah that movie is on there. 

Now gogetchaone  Zeke 

Panteramatt,

Don't get the Amazon stick, get Amazon fireTv that has the microSD memory slot.  It's around 30-40 dollars more, but well worth it.  The firestick has no additional memory slots and works off wifi signal.  The FireTv box has a microSD slot to add extra memory AND you can hardwire it using cat5 cable to your modem or use it via wifi.  It also has a USB slot (which is a nice feature to be able add a wireless keyboard to it in order to add Kodi repository addresses without having to hunt and click with the remote).  With so many units in the average house-hold all sucking the same wifi signal, the signal degradation will result in movies having to buffer part way thru...annoying.  If you have the box you can hardwire it in to your network and essentially no internet signal loss.  Downloading Kodi and the best repositories is fairly easy...use you tube, they have tons of tutorials.  You absolutely DO NOT need to buy a pre-jailbroken unit.  You can add Kodi yourself.  If you are concerned about big brother keeping tabs on you, set up a VPN. Again, you tube can walk you thru doing that as well. 

just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1

Panteramatt,

Don't get the Amazon stick, get Amazon fireTv that has the microSD memory slot.  It's around 30-40 dollars more, but well worth it.  The firestick has no additional memory slots and works off wifi signal.  The FireTv box has a microSD slot to add extra memory AND you can hardwire it using cat5 cable to your modem or use it via wifi.  It also has a USB slot (which is a nice feature to be able add a wireless keyboard to it in order to add Kodi repository addresses without having to hunt and click with the remote).  With so many units in the average house-hold all sucking the same wifi signal, the signal degradation will result in movies having to buffer part way thru...annoying.  If you have the box you can hardwire it in to your network and essentially no internet signal loss.  Downloading Kodi and the best repositories is fairly easy...use you tube, they have tons of tutorials.  You absolutely DO NOT need to buy a pre-jailbroken unit.  You can add Kodi yourself.  If you are concerned about big brother keeping tabs on you, set up a VPN. Again, you tube can walk you thru doing that as well. 

just my 2 cents.

Listen to this guy. ^ He knows what he's talking about. The fire tv, in addition to the benefits he already stated, is also a faster device. And hardwiring directly to your modem or router is definitely faster and a more consistent internet connection.

If you wire it directly to the modem how does the program get to the tv?

As Alec said, connect the Fire tv directly into your modem or router. Much better than using wifi. I don't think you can do this with the Fire stick, so get the Fire tv. In addition to being able to connect directly, it's a faster device as well, in addition to other perks.

If you wire it directly to the modem how does the program get to the tv?

This assumes the fireTV is close to both the Router and TV. It has to be close to the TV since HDMI has to be within 50 feet or so. Wired Cat5 for Ethernet is further: around 300 feet or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Alec said, connect the Fire tv directly into your modem or router. Much better than using wifi. I don't think you can do this with the Fire stick, so get the Fire tv. In addition to being able to connect directly, it's a faster device as well, in addition to other perks.

Can you side load kodi through apps to fire on the fire TV? 

The fire TV box plugs into the HDMI port on the TV and sits next to or behind the TV. It has WiFi built in so you don't need to wire it into the modem. But if you do it will be faster. You can buy really long (up to 300 feet I think) ethernet cables to run from the modem to the TV with the fire TV box and plug that into the fire TV. 

Agreed. I had a firestick in our basement tv, and recently upgraded to the fire TV, it's just a faster device when navigating thru stuff, much smoother.

Also, when you get into custom *builds* in kodi,you'll be happy you have the better device.

Can you side load kodi through apps to fire on the fire TV?

Go on YouTube, and search, "How to install Kodi on fire tv". Then, search for whatever Build you want and search that. I run The Beast but there are other builds as well. So if you wanted The Beast, after you install Kodi in the fire tv, search on YouTube, "how to install the beast on Kodi fire tv." It is literally so easy to do.

Ok sorry if this is another stupid question as like I sad before Im not hip to technology. If i wire the fire tv directly to my modem which is in my spare bedroom, how does the signal get to my tv if my tv doesnt have wifi?

You will need a very long hdmi cord, or very long thernet cord. I ran an Ethernet cord from where the modem is in a downstairs room, to my living room where I have a router which is right next to my tv. Then I connected another Ethernet cord from the fire tv to the router. The fire tv is connected to the tv with a hdmi cord.

FIreTV is much better than the Firestick as others have said.  Kodi is good, some of the content may be considered illegal.  The biggest issue with KODI is reliability and things can work today and not tomorrow.  It is also not for someone that is not fairly technical and will to play around to find what they want, it is not like turning on the Cable box and going to say channel 7 and having it pop on.  For that you really have to pay for some of the streaming services but they are not that expensive.  If you drop cable TV you can get SlingTV for $20 or $25 a month, DirectTV NOW has packages that are $35 a month and both of these are more plug and play and reliable.  Moving up to PS View for $40 a month you get about 40 stations including all the NY Networks and get to DVR all the stuff.  There are a lot of options out there.  A great resource is Cord cutting technical support group on Facebook.  Lots of people that can give you detailed answers on just about any of this stuff.  Check out my other thread here too.

FIreTV is much better than the Firestick as others have said.  Kodi is good, some of the content may be considered illegal.  The biggest issue with KODI is reliability and things can work today and not tomorrow.  It is also not for someone that is not fairly technical and will to play around to find what they want, it is not like turning on the Cable box and going to say channel 7 and having it pop on.  For that you really have to pay for some of the streaming services but they are not that expensive.  If you drop cable TV you can get SlingTV for $20 or $25 a month, DirectTV NOW has packages that are $35 a month and both of these are more plug and play and reliable.  Moving up to PS View for $40 a month you get about 40 stations including all the NY Networks and get to DVR all the stuff.  There are a lot of options out there.  A great resource is Cord cutting technical support group on Facebook.  Lots of people that can give you detailed answers on just about any of this stuff.  Check out my other thread here too.

My Kodi build has been extremely reliable. I use The Beast.

My Kodi build has been extremely reliable. I use The Beast.

The build of KODI is not the issue, it is the streaming sources. Sometimes I am presented with 100 links for a given show and have to manually try them one by one to find one that is actually rocking at the moment. It is hardly a plug and play solution but works for those that don't mind the hassles.

The build of KODI is not the issue, it is the streaming sources. Sometimes I am presented with 100 links for a given show and have to manually try them one by one to find one that is actually rocking at the moment. It is hardly a plug and play solution but works for those that don't mind the hassles.

I disagree. I've sold them to older people (in their 60s and 70s) and haven't had complaints about use. Once you get the hang of what's supposed to happen, there aren't really many issues that arise.

Part of that is also the load out of kodi. Different add ons go in and out of favor, but some are generally more stable than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

howard, I agree with mikeyjones. I pretty much only use Exodus and Specto for movies and tv shows. Both are idiot proof and easy to use.

Don't know what you mean regarding Exodus and Specto, those are just builds has nothing to do with some of the sources and repos that get added in.  The source of the streams is the issue not the actual apps.

Don't know what you mean regarding Exodus and Specto, those are just builds has nothing to do with some of the sources and repos that get added in.  The source of the streams is the issue not the actual apps.

I know what you're talking about. Specto and especially Exodus, makes looking for streams so easy. I've literally only had to go beyond the first link provided maybe 3 or 4 times in the close to a year I've been using it. Exodus and Specto is not a build. It's addon's that are on a Build. You can get it for any build. I'd add Exodus to yours and see how easy it is. You pick a movie, click on it, wait for it to find all sources, then pick the first one. 99 out of 100 times the first one will work just fine. Certain apps do a better job of searching for streams than others. IMO, Exodus does it the best. It's stable, and you usually don't have to choose beyond the first link.