panteramatt

New firestick

Interesting, I'll check it out.  The issue I have had were on SALTS (Stream All The Sources) which I have found has a boat load of content.  As an aside, I have KODI on a first Gen Amazon Fire Stick, what steps would I have to take to convert it to Exodus - it's been awhile since I've messed with this.

Interesting, I'll check it out.  The issue I have had were on SALTS (Stream All The Sources) which I have found has a boat load of content.  As an aside, I have KODI on a first Gen Amazon Fire Stick, what steps would I have to take to convert it to Exodus - it's been awhile since I've messed with this.

SALTS sucks. I've tried using it and ran into the issue you're talking about. To me, Exodus is far the best at finding the best sources. As for your question, do you like the rest of the Build? I'm asking b/c it may be easier to just wipe out your build, and put a new one on there that has Exodus and Specto installed in it.

For movies and TV shows I tend to focus on Exodus. I find it has pretty much everything the others offer.  USTVNow is nice and offers network TV.  I like it for news.  I like sports too so I typically rely on SportsDevil for their live feeds.  ProSports is another I bounce too from time to time.  There's also quite a few for motor sports too.  My buddy is a HUGE gear head, his Kodi has all AMA and other race programming.  I was given a recommendation to try Alluc.  But even after setting up the free online account it isn't working for me.  Perhaps you'll have better luck.

To delete an add-on or repository, I typically will go under the System tab to Settings.  Scroll down to Add-ons.  Click on My Add-ons then click All.  That will display an alphabetical list of sources and settings.  You'll see enabled or disabled on the right of each.  scroll down and click on what no longer interests you and select uninstall. 

when in doubt...youtube is your friend.  Kodi is a popular topic and the pro's make tutorials all the time on the newest repositories. 

Not that I use Kodi or anything...but I know a guy!!!!

I'd start with Exodus and SportsDevil....you can always add more later if they aren't meeting your expectation.  I'm learning about "Builds" as I write this.  From what I gather it's a gigantic resource with several of the top repositories and media sources all in one spot.  As I get comfortable with them, how they actually work and if there is a benefit to loading them, I'll post it on the forum.

Best of luck. 

I've had a firestick since they were released and decided to jailbreak it last night. It's not as stable as a dragon box but it's a lot cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean by jailbreak, that only applies to Apple products I thought. You can load KODI on a Fire Stick without doing anything to it. I have it on one and just loaded it directly from a drive on my PC.

Been using the firestick and loving it. One question though, if I plug the stick into my tv, I cant use my surround sound. I have to remove the cables hdmi from the surround sound and plug in the firestick everytime. Is there an easy way to solve this?

If you plug a source (the stick) directly into your TV's HDMI port then obviously the sound will only come from the TV not from the surround system.  You need to plug the stick into the surround system and then run an HDMI cable from the output of the Surround system to the HDMI input on the TV.

Yea that's what I did but Everytime I want to watch a movie I would need to switch plugs from the cable to the firestick

I recently setup the surround sound at home and use my PC, Chrome stick, FIOS without every having to touch or switch any cables physically. 

1. HDMI from cable TV / FIOS go into one of the Input on Receiver

2. Firestick / Chrome goes into  DIFFERENT Input on the Receiver

3. PC cable goes into yet another Input on the Receiver

From then, all I have to do is swich the input on the Receiver using the remote control.  

Is your setup different ?

Yes my surround only has one input/output. I know I should get a new one but it sounds really good.

They make cheap, like $25, manual switches that you could plug into the one input and have three HDMI inputs go to it.

Firesticks don't need jailbreaking, but if it makes someone feel they have upped their tech level to use the term I suppose use it. Jailbreak is apple. Unlock Bootloader and Root is android.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk