kc17

Statement on Whitehouse.gov

I like what I see here a lot.

One paragraph reads "Supporting law enforcement means supporting our citizens’ ability to protect themselves. We will uphold Americans’ Second Amendment rights at every level of our judicial system."

My question for those better education in this area than I is, what can the Trump administration do to help NJ citizens specifically? I know that there has been talk of national reciprocal carry, but if you can not get a carry permit in your home state, that will not help us correct?

Edited to add source:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/law-enforcement-community

• Like 1

I like what I see here a lot.

One paragraph reads "Supporting law enforcement means supporting our citizens’ ability to protect themselves. We will uphold Americans’ Second Amendment rights at every level of our judicial system."

My question for those better education in this area than I is, what can the Trump administration do to help NJ citizens specifically? I know that there has been talk of national reciprocal carry, but if you can not get a carry permit in your home state, that will not help us correct?

Edited to add source:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/law-enforcement-community

I think the quickest and most effective thing that could help NJ is to pass national reciprocity, and then back it up by tying compliance with it to the issuance of federal funds to the states.  It's the only thing I think "anti" states will respect.  Just as it did when they tied federal higway funds to raising the drinking age to 21 across the country.  Now, I understand that there are legal prohibitions against that sort of thing, these days, but I think an exception might be in order, here.

Otherwise, I don't think the anti states will honor it. They'll find ways around it... like only honoring permits from your "domicile" state.  It will be a long time before things like that could reach SCOTUS.  Assuming, of course, that SCOTUS has the appropriate conservative representation, by then.

• Like 2