Purple Patrick

Valentines ideas

I figured this would be a good time to discuss some ideas vday. The gf and I both work(waitress and florist) so we are quite tired by the end of the day and end up usually having a picnic in front of the fireplace and generally don't give a crap about the day. I did find this little obscure gift for her https://bronxzoo.com/roach . You can name a cockroach and get sent a little plush one with a certificate. Way cooler then the name a star bs.

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Edited by Krdshrk
Fixed broken URL

Stopped feeding the retailer fake holiday crap years ago. Go to the grocery store get two containers of strawberries and a bag of semi sweet morsels. Melt them in the microwave dip the chocolate and get a bottle of your favorite adult beverage.  Works every time. Simple low cost.  After a while you realize what makes it work has nothing to do with what the retailers think. 

• Like 1

Stopped feeding the retailer fake holiday crap years ago. Go to the grocery store get two containers of strawberries and a bag of semi sweet morsels. Melt them in the microwave dip the chocolate and get a bottle of your favorite adult beverage. Works every time. Simple low cost. After a while you realize what makes it work has nothing to do with what the retailers think.

At only 5 years we already are this way. We always get each other something small and end up just having a nice night out together

• Like 1

a dozen red roses and a nice steak or seafood spot. if anyone is in the area, I recommend Cliff's steakhouse in englewood cliffs. I love their ribeyes and side dishes...

Flowers don't mean as much when you run a flower shop haha

I figured this would be a good time to discuss some ideas vday. The gf and I both work(waitress and florist) so we are quite tired by the end of the day and end up usually having a picnic in front of the fireplace and generally don't give a crap about the day. I did find this little obscure gift for her https://bronxzoo.com/roach . You can name a cockroach and get sent a little plush one with a certificate. Way cooler then the name a star bs.

Patrick:

If she is currently or is on her way to becoming a "serious" girl friend, then I would definitely reconsider this gag gift.

It could very well be received the wrong way and your attempt at humor will have backfired with some potential unfortunate consequences.

Others have posted some very good ideas that probably would be appreciated by her far more than this roach thing....

Whether we like it or not, or buy into the commercialization of the day, (your family's flower/garden/nursery business certainly benefits from it....), women of all ages have come to expect something nice from the man in their lives.  Don't spoil it for her, and then subsequently yourself....

Enjoy the day.

AVB-AMG

Patrick:

If she is currently or is on her way to becoming a "serious" girl friend, then I would definitely reconsider this gag gift.

It could very well be received the wrong way and your attempt at humor will have backfired with some potential unfortunate consequences.

Others have posted some very good ideas that probably would be appreciated by her far more than this roach thing....

Whether we like it or not, or buy into the commercialization of the day, (your family's flower/garden/nursery business certainly benefits from it....), women of all ages have come to expect something nice from the man in their lives. Don't spoil it for you, and then subsequently yourself....

Enjoy the day.

AVB-AMG

lol its to late it's already serious. She's not like most chick's I think she will like it.
  • Like 1

Patrick:

Whether we like it or not, or buy into the commercialization of the day, (your family's flower/garden/nursery business certainly benefits from it....), women of all ages have come to expect something nice from the man in their lives. Don't spoil it for you, and then subsequently yourself....

Enjoy the day.

AVB-AMG

After 5 years I'd say we are pretty serious. Come on dude you know my post content, my gf would have to have a pretty twisted sense of humor to deal with me that long. This thread wasn't really about me getting ideas any more for you all to share yours

If "our love is like the cockroach,it could resist a nuclear war" Doesn't get me some ass I don't know what will. Wait who am I kidding I'm not in some sexless marriage that I have to buy dinner for a handjob

• Like 1

If "our love is like the cockroach,it could resist a nuclear war" Doesn't get me some ass I don't know what will. Wait who am I kidding I'm not in some sexless marriage that I have to buy dinner for a handjob

just you wait.....your time will come
  • Like 1

You'd be lucky to be that lucky.

Idk. I try to have dinner ready. Candles etc.

Big win is flowers at the office.

Fishnut had me until he said porkroll... perish the thought! Nothing but Taylor Ham Men for this woman.

easy there Mrs.Fishnut is well armed and the jelous type lmao.......and she knows it's porkroll even if she dosent eat it. Good to know I still got it though hahaha