Sign in to follow this  
68chris

Hardiman, and Gorsuch: US Supreme Court

That's kind of what I'm seeing... no DIRECT 2A decisions, but he was criticized just a tad by one conservative blog, for his position on one gun case. I'm no lawyer, hard for me to weigh in... but here's the link, so you can read for yourself:

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/01/judge_neil_gorsuch_some_cause_for_concern.html 

I'm starting to see some counters to the American Thinker article, as follows:

From:  Heavy.com - Neil Gorsuch, Second Amendment, and 5 Fast Facts you need to know...

And this:  FACO-PAC,org - A closer look at Neil Gorsuch...

I think that as long as the NRA stands by him, I will as well.

Well, I hope you're right, Indiana and HBec. The Supreme Court is a funny thing though... and sometimes the individual supremes rule in ways people wouldn't have envisioned (Roberts, anyone?). I guess we should all just cross our fingers and hope that he turns out to be a 2A supporter, because I would absolutely envision some 2A cases making it to the Supreme Court over the next few years... quite possibly from our own state. And those rulings will be hugely impactful as they might be on the books for a very long time.

I think he's a solid pick.

Like everyone else, I am not sure how he is on 2nd amendment per se however he has shown himself to be skeptical of government intervention and seems to err on the side of the individual over the state.

No matter what he's leaps and bounds better then anyone HRC would have picked.

-Jim

I think he's a solid pick.

Like everyone else, I am not sure how he is on 2nd amendment per se however he has shown himself to be skeptical of government intervention and seems to err on the side of the individual over the state.

No matter what he's leaps and bounds better then anyone HRC would have picked.

-Jim

That we can certainly ALL agree with!!!

Well, I hope you're right, Indiana and HBec. The Supreme Court is a funny thing though... and sometimes the individual supremes rule in ways people wouldn't have envisioned (Roberts, anyone?). I guess we should all just cross our fingers and hope that he turns out to be a 2A supporter, because I would absolutely envision some 2A cases making it to the Supreme Court over the next few years... quite possibly from our own state. And those rulings will be hugely impactful as they might be on the books for a very long time.

Looks like the NSSF is weighing in as well, in support of Gorsuch.  NSSF - Worthy Successor to Scalia...