orangesolo

SCOTUS to hold closed door conference on NJ gun law case

I kinda like the DC license plates.

"Taxation Without Representation"

Wasn't that a rallying cry a ways back?

It was the rallying cry. It was also bogus. We didn't want representation, and Franklin was told not to accept it. We wanted a lot of really pissed off people.

If these liberal politicians were smart in our state, they should look as "shall issue" CCW as a huge revenue opportunity. I am surprised they haven't touched the FID fees in all these years and those don't expire either (don't want to jinx it).

They can charge a significant amount for the initial CCW app (eg $500) plus $$$ per renewal.

The politicians can use the funds anyway they wish, for training gun safety etc or plugging any other pension hole they need.

Win-Win for everyone!

Lol look at New Hampshire, they just want your 100$ any way they can get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before you get too excited about Stephens vs Jerejian, I think you should read this article all the way through.

http://www.englewoodnjnews.com/marc-stephens-challenging-new-jersey-s-firearm-laws-as-unconstitutional-after-receiving-death-threats

Something seems a little off with this case. I'm not sure this is the poster child we're looking for.

• Like 1

Before you get too excited about Stephens vs Jerejian, I think you should read this article all the way through.

http://www.englewoodnjnews.com/marc-stephens-challenging-new-jersey-s-firearm-laws-as-unconstitutional-after-receiving-death-threats

Something seems a little off with this case. I'm not sure this is the poster child we're looking for.

The news article is interesting. It is amazing if he wrote the briefs by himself: The Writ of Certiorari: http://www.englewoodnjnews.com/images/Certiorari-10-10-2016.pdf

What matters is the law not the personalities. Ernesto Miranda was charged with rape and kidnapping but his case ended up being one of the courts landmark decisions. We will see in a short time if his writ is granted.

Umm, I don't know what to say.

Very Springer esq.

• Like 1

That link just describes their session and procedures within it. I didn't see anything that states when a new justice could start. There was no stipulation that I saw that a new justice had to join the court at the start of a session.

That link just describes their session and procedures within it. I didn't see anything that states when a new justice could start. There was no stipulation that I saw that a new justice had to join the court at the start of a session.

Hmmn. Then we wait paduan