Sign in to follow this  
anutile

Non-resident Fla. carry permit

Yes but you better hurry it takes a bit. You can find the requirements on the Florida dept of Agriculture website. There are some training requirements (hunter education used to be an acceptable item) fingerprinting that you can do here and mail back, passport sized photos and of course they do a background investigation

Why wait for March. Order the kit online and get the ball rolling now!

Yes, and, there are some people in NJ that will teach the FL course.   I took it in NJ in 2014.  This is the outfit I used. For the fee they charge, they do  almost everything including photographs, Fingerprinting, assistance with application prep, even Notary services. The only thing is doesn't cover are the individual application fees for each state. They'll even conduct a live fire session for those going for FL concealed carry (BYOG & A).  The next class in in February. I'd go for it.

Shooters On Target - Salem NJ...

while i'm not discouraging you from getting FL, note that NH requires nothing more than $100 and ANY other carry permit to obtain.

here's a little chart I've been working on.

Permits.jpg

I have UT, and put in my paperwork for NH. I'm considering getting VA when I go there.

while i'm not discouraging you from getting FL, note that NH requires nothing more than $100 and  NO other carry permit to obtain. Plus NO training, NO fingerprints, No passport photo & no Notary.

here's a little chart I've been working on.

Permits.jpg

I have UT, and put in my paperwork for NH. I'm considering getting VA when I go there.

FIFY

• Like 1

I called a gun range down in Florida and signed up for the class.  The day after the class I went to a regional center and turned in the paperwork. They also did my fingerprints electronically at the regional center. 30 days later my license came in the mail.  Florida doesn't issue a permit to carry they issue a license.  You have to call and make an appointment for the regional center.  

I called a gun range down in Florida and signed up for the class.  The day after the class I went to a regional center and turned in the paperwork. They also did my fingerprints electronically at the regional center. 30 days later my license came in the mail.  Florida doesn't issue a permit to carry they issue a license.  You have to call and make an appointment for the regional center.  

I hate to disagree but you do not need an appointment to go get your CWP.  You can go to a tax assessors office and they will process you on a first come first served for DMV, CWP and tax issues.  Florida does not refer to their as a CCW, they refer to it as a CWP--Concealed Weapons Permit.  The actual card is labeled at the top, "Concealed Weapons or Firearms Licensee State of Florida".

No class is required unless you have no other proof of proficiency.  The tax assessors office will do the application and finger prints electronically and make a scan of your proficiency document into your file.  

Going to be in Fla. in March, can I apply for a non-resident permit, & if so what would I have to do?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Just received mine on saturday 01/28/17. Got mine in approximately 40 days (submitted 12/19/2016). Did the class at GFH. I would register right now if I was you, get it done ASAP.

I hate to disagree but you do not need an appointment to go get your CWP.  You can go to a tax assessors office and they will process you on a first come first served for DMV, CWP and tax issues.  Florida does not refer to their as a CCW, they refer to it as a CWP--Concealed Weapons Permit.  The actual card is labeled at the top, "Concealed Weapons or Firearms Licensee State of Florida".

No class is required unless you have no other proof of proficiency.  The tax assessors office will do the application and finger prints electronically and make a scan of your proficiency document into your file.  

Back in 2011 I had to go to a Regional center. They weren't doing the tax office yet.  its nice to see it can be done in different places. Florida is Great.

Back in 2011 I had to go to a Regional center. They weren't doing the tax office yet.  its nice to see it can be done in different places. Florida is Great.

I would suggest, though, that it's quicker to do it at a regional center than a tax office, as they can do more, there.   For renwals, it's the way to go. In and out in 15 minutes.

• Like 1

I would suggest, though, that it's quicker to do it at a regional center than a tax office, as they can do more, there.   For renwals, it's the way to go. In and out in 15 minutes.

I have to renew next year. I read that you can do a walk in at a regional for a renewal. I was going to call and check.  I wanted to have my home built by next year, ( Maybe) but I still have to keep NJ as my residency for a few more years. I want to look into a duel residency 

I would suggest, though, that it's quicker to do it at a regional center than a tax office, as they can do more, there. For renwals, it's the way to go. In and out in 15 minutes.

I registered a car, got a d/l for myself and my wife and did the CWP in under 40 mins at a tax assessor's office in Nassau county.

I have to renew next year. I read that you can do a walk in at a regional for a renewal. I was going to call and check. I wanted to have my home built by next year, ( Maybe) but I still have to keep NJ as my residency for a few more years. I want to look into a duel residency

There's nothing to look into. Build your house, activate utilities and bang you are a dual resident. You'll pay income taxes in the state you spend 185 days or more in. If that's NJ you also won't be able to homestead in FL which gives you a property tax discount.

• Like 1