checko

Training 2017

Thanks for the info. I always thought the price was high as well based on the cost of the multi-day classes from guys like Fischer and Defoor. I only ask because it was so conveniently close. No travel costs, low ammo cost, etc. I think I'll pass and go somewhere else instead.

I'm already signed up for "Essential Carbine" with Fischer in April. I'm going to try and do his handgun class in July at Alliance (hopefully meet Ty from Midwest!). I'm trying to fit some S&T classes in as well. His AK platform class looks like it will fit in. For those that have been to Joe's classes before, do you think people can do Carbine or Handgun 1 if they have only taken one formal class of each? I would like to take his fundamentals class for each but don't hunk it will fit in the schedule.

Your best bet is to email Joe. He's a super nice dude and will answer your questions. I emailed him about Pistol 2 and Carbine 2 last summer. He mentioned that they were more advanced classes and I responded with a list of classes I have already taken. He came back and said that I was good to go. If I were you, I would do the same. He know what he teaches and would be the best judge wheather your current level or training is enough.

I would like to take his Pistol 1 class with my wife. She has only one formal 8 hour class below her belt. I will more than likely sign up for his AK and Low Light class. Just have to free up the funds.

• Like 1

Just got back from Fischer's Essential Carbine Employment out in Alliance, OH. To say the least, it was amazing. I still have a ton of work to do but the amount of improvement I saw in myself after 2 days was great! Anyone who has a chance to train with him should definitely take advantage of it.

On 6/13/2017 at 9:01 PM, blksheep said:

S&T Ak Operator Oct 7th

Storm Mountain towards the end of summer

I might be at the AK class as well. Right now the date is open and hope it stays that way. It would be good to get some real training on that rifle.

Im also looking at Fischer classes again. And they just happen to be on either side of the AK class:

Essential Handgun- 9/23-24

Essential Carbine- 10/7-8

Practical Urban Carbine 10/13-15

Wish I could afford to do all of them back to back.

On 6/13/2017 at 2:29 PM, High Exposure said:

Steve is a good dude and Alliance is an excellent facility. I will be out there in August for the 2nd Annual Friends of Pat celebration. Steve will be there.

Anyone going to S&T Pistol 1 on 7/1? I'll be there.

I'll be there with my wife.  Trying to get her back into taking classes.  She hasn't taken a class since MDTS stoped teaching in NJ.  Also got two friend's (father and son) to go as well.  Really not looking forward to the heat.  

• Like 1

never heard of s&t before, can someone give me the tl:dr on their ak class? i took a quick search but my google fu has the attention span of a goldfish right now and i only see the bullet points description on their site, not much else

or like what to expect, course description in general i need to do some form of class this year

Edited by SuRrEaLNJ
i no word good

I'm taking an MDTS class this Saturday, 9/16, Practical Shotgun Skills.  It will be my first time training with Chris in several years, as he does not come to NJ anymore.  This class will be in New Paltz, NY, which is only about an hour from me.  

We really can't take anything other than shotgun classes from him in NY anymore, due to all their restrictive firearms laws.  I even inquired about borrowing or renting a handgun for a class, but it seems that's illegal.  I've tried to get him to come to PA, but he has been unable to find a suitable facility that will let him train there.

Anyone have any experience, recent or otherwise, with MDTS?

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

There's a range in New Paltz? Tell me more!

I spent many years kicking around New Paltz while being a climbing bum.....

Looks like it's a private club:  http://newpaltzrodandgun.org/

57 minutes ago, shooter28 said:

Ill be taking the S&T AK Platform class with Joe in Oct. Anyone else doing it?

I'm hoping to get there as well, if I'm able to get away for the day.  Hope it hasn't filled yet.  

6 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Poop.... Everyone is taking this! Stop rubbing it in. :p 

Oct 7th is my 10 year anniversary, there's no way I can go.....

Sounds like it would be a good anniversary gift....

On 9/12/2017 at 4:16 PM, Old Glock guy said:

I'm hoping to get there as well, if I'm able to get away for the day.  Hope it hasn't filled yet.  

Just talked to Joe. There are only 3 people (including me) signed up. He needs 5 to make it happen. Contact him and sign up!

On 9/15/2017 at 2:48 PM, shooter28 said:

Just talked to Joe. There are only 3 people (including me) signed up. He needs 5 to make it happen. Contact him and sign up!

Uh, oh, the pressure is on!  I'm going to try hard to arrange it.