son of sam

CZ 75, Which one?

I have some permits coming to burn up up. 1st one is used for a FEG 37M. Have 2 more to go. My son has a CZ75-P01 that I find very impressive. I think I want one of the full size 75s. I dont want to go over $1000 if I can help it. LGS has a 75 that he calls Police model with decocker only. I think this is actually a CZ75BD. I dont need night sights but I wouldnt mind them. I should mention that this isnt anything more than a range toy with some light club level competition as most of my handguns are. Mostly want one because I dont have a CZ and I felt its was a very smooth, accurate and easy to shoot platform.

A lot depends on what you like.  I don't personally like the decocker models and like the ones with safeties better.  The reason is because you can use it cocked and locked.  If you have the safety you can also manually decock it if you want to use it for things like USPSA Production or IDPA SSP divisions.  If you have one with a safety you can shoot IDPA in ESP division also.

If you want the slightly smaller lighter one (still a great gun) go with the 75B.  The SP01 is a little bigger and heavier.  The Shadow and Accushadow offer some more competitive features for more money.  If you have smaller hands the 75B is your best bet.  You can't go wrong with any of them.

I love my CZ's. All have trigger work done to them. Cajun Gun Works has all the spring kits in stock or you can have them do the install.  Steve at Monmouth Arms had a few CZ's last time i was there. Only negative is the CZ bug. Bought 6 in a year. 

I picked up a SP-01 from Steve... very nice, and a lot of gun for the money. Cost does add up if you get a Kadet kit. In regards to .22 conversions, the CZ one is the only pistol based kit I'd recommend.

With the SP-01, you can go safety or decocker. I went with the safety, as you carry it cocked/locked or off safe with a DA trigger pull. Either model has a rail, and I believe night sights (mine did). Pricing is good... mine was $675. I was also looking at the stainless version, which was $750 at that time.

• Like 2

Based upon what you guys are telling me I may go with the SP01 in black. 

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-9mm-black-3-dot-tritium-sights-18-rd-mags/

That's a great choice.  I have both the 75 BD and the SP-01 but favor the SP-01.  Its a tack driver and comes with a fantastic set of grips.

Go see Steve, you will not be sorry!

• Like 1

I have the 75 SP-01 in the safety model amd the 75 compact in decocker model. Love both guns but the SP-01 is my favorite gun that I own. Something about the steel instead of plastic like other guns, rock solid and makes me a better shooter than I really am.

Whatever you choose you cant go wrong.

• Like 1

son of sam:

I have a CZ-USA 75 SP-01 Shadow Custom by CZ Custom (9mm).
I have found that I am the most accurate with this 9mm over all of my others, with the weight of the metal frame being an important factor.
This fine tuned version with fiber optic sights is not inexpensive, (over your $1,000 price ceiling), but I am glad that I spent the extra money for it.

AVB-AMG

son of sam:

I have a CZ-USA 75 SP-01 Shadow Custom by CZ Custom (9mm).

I have found that I am the most accurate with this 9mm over all of my others, with the weight of the metal frame being an important factor.

This fine tuned version with fiber optic sights is not inexpensive, (over your $1,000 price ceiling), but I am glad that I spent the extra money for it.

AVB-AMG

3uwyk9_zps78a8ece4.jpg

• Like 1

If not to far from Monmouth Arms / Remixer, go talk to him. He carries CZs and very good to deal with. The SP-01 he has is an upgraded CZ-75.

As others mentioned, you get A LOT gun in the SP-01 for a reasonable price.

Also, once you have one CZ, you'll be looking at others. Very good products.

Son of Sam, There is a SP-01 Tac now in used section. Send it off to Cajun Gun Works for Pro package and barrel bushing. Your in it for around a $1,000.

Ill check it out. Still waiting on the Buena PD to get there act together with my permits. Never would have guessed my little farm town to be such an issue. I will likely run any new CZ stock for some time. I have several heavy modified handguns to choose from already. I do all my own work when its time. Machinist for 22 years. Built several rifles and handguns from frame/receiver up.

Sorry to steal the thread......

I have a CZ 75 P01, and love the pistol and hate the sights...

What are people using on their 75s?

Will all 75 sights fit on a P01?

What I should have asked is. Where can I find 9mm full size steel CZS.? So far I found 1 in 40. I usually pay very near wholesale for my guns. Now I am actually considering paying up to retail or I. Some cases a little over msrp.