Blacksmythe

Blast mitigation devices.

Is that the one you put on and turn slightly to lock in place?

Yeah. It has a collar that you twist at the base after indexing a notch at the base of the muzzle device (SF 556MB in my case) with the Warden. It's the exact same attachment as the SF Suppressors.

Takes about 1/2 turn to lock it down.

I bought a warden myself after previous conversations with Exposure. I've yet to use it, it's been a while since I've had the AR out to the range. But BCM had them in stock, and they had no problem shipping it to NJ. I have an older surefire MB556K brake that doesn't have the indexing notch, but it still locks down ridiculously tight on there, so I have no doubt it will function just fine.

Personally I feel like they may sort of fall into a grey area with the laws here, but I kinda take it at face value. It's not a flash hider, it's not a suppressor, it's completely proprietary to one particular brand, and there are no threads involved in it's use. The entire point of it is essentially just a courtesy to the people around you, so I can't really see it being an issue. But we all know how this state is.

LOL

is the lantac dragon blast that bad? i've read it's average, about on par with most of the other brakes out there. anyone know how it compares to a yankee hill phantom as far as blast?

Its pretty forceful on my rifle. Its the best Brake I own actually. I have no experience on a phantom.

is the lantac dragon blast that bad? i've read it's average, about on par with most of the other brakes out there. anyone know how it compares to a yankee hill phantom as far as blast?

just posting this here for posterity in case future indianajonze time-travels and is in need of the answers. lantac dragon is just fine. no better or worse as far as blast / noise when directly compared to the yankee hill. recoil is better by a bit, but then again it's like 2x the price...