Sign in to follow this  
Ff312

Ruger vaquero thoughts?

I have one more permit to burn and thing about a Ruger vaquero in 45LC, anyone have any experience with these? This would be my first single action revolver.

Vaquero or New Vaquero?

I have the latter, in the convertible type (.45 Colt and ACP cylinders) in stainless and 5.5" barrel. Very nice gun, and well built. It isn't something you will fire nuclear .45 Colt loads out of, but having the ACP option is nice.

I fell in lust with a pair of polished stainless vaqueros several years ago at Tanner's (before they built the range and became shooter's).  Absolutely gorgeous SAA replicas in, i think, .357

New Vaquero is close to the original Colt NAA in size.  So reloading data for "Ruger only" loads has be to checked carefully as the OLD Vaquero was built based on the New Model Blackhawk frame, while the new model Vaquero is built based on the old 357 Blackhawk frame.  Factory ammo will have to be watched as well such as Buffalo Bore and some others,  

The cylinders must be fitted when the revolver is built, so Ruger will not sell cylinders, you have to return it to be fitted.

It is a fine firearm, well built, and caters to the SASS crowd.  So be careful cause the sighting systems are different from other Ruger single action pistols.  This is due to SASS rules.  

I have one more permit to burn and thing about a Ruger vaquero in 45LC, anyone have any experience with these? This would be my first single action revolver

I have one in .357. I like it. Fun little plinker when I use .38s in her. 

Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC - let the picture speak for themselves.  These are 2000 limited editions with 4 5/8" barrels. Probably close to 15,000 black powder reloads down the bores for SASS matches, no broken parts and still smooth as silk.  The after market Gunfighter grips are now checkered ...

2323232327Ffp47ot232963949XROQDF23237668