Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJM981

Shotgun Shootout! Sunday February 26th at Clinton WMA

Rollcall! I'm in. I don't have a hunting license, so we need a few of those. I can bring clays & ammo, we'll need some throwers too.

Where:
Clinton WMA clay range in Clinton, NJ

Address:
26 New Jersey 173
Hampton, NJ 08827

When:
Sunday February 26th

Time:
9am at the Clay range

2sdODG7.jpg

Please try and bring everything you can in terms of a gun, ammo, and clays.

A rough check list of what to bring:
- Gun(s)
- Ammo (birdshot #7.5, 8)
- Clays (Walmart's in Clinton, Flemington, Branchburg and Phillipsburg generally stock them)
- Thrower if you have one
- Eyes and ears
- Shell pouch
- Beverages/snacks
- Layer up and bring a warm jacket/gloves/hat depending on weather
- Chair

If you can't bring some things, we will have plenty of stuff there. If you've never shot a shotgun before, I and others will try working with you to be able to dust a clay by the end of the day!

Always treat a gun as if it was loaded
Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot
Never point the muzzle at anything you're not willing to destroy
Always be aware of your target/line of fire
For this range, keep all guns unloaded until you're on the firing line

Be smart, be safe, and we will have a fun-filled day!

Attending:

1.  ChrisJM981

2.  Ray Ray

3.  Purple Patrick

4.  Fishnut + Chris & Dave

5.  Sota + kid 

6.  DeerSlayer

7.  big five

8.  GramGun79

9.  JimB1

10.  Zeke + Mrs Z

11.  RecessedFilter

12.  Krdshrk + 2

13.  Northjersey47

14.  Schrödinger's cat

Edited by Krdshrk
Actually adding content to the post

I don't have any shotgun related stuff yet, but I'd love to come just to meet some people. Until what time can I expect this to go on for ?

Atleast 11-12. Sometimes longer. I usually hit the 22 range after. Just pick up some shells or clays to contribute. You are more then welcome to try my guns and I'll just push the offer forward that you can try any member there's shotgun

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

I am going to try and make it so I can put some faces to names. Hopefully the weather will work out.

I picked up a new Stoeger m2000 that I haven't shot yet so seems like there's a 50/50 chance it'll work out. People seem to think they are nice shooters and a good buy or horrible jam-o-matics, time will tell which this is but it was cheap enough that I can trade it in and not lose anything on the purchase price.

I took my first shotgun class a couple of weeks ago so still very much a new shotgun shooter so definately in need of practice. I'll pick up some clays and some 7.5 shot shells but I don't have a thrower or hunting license so hopefully a few folks with those will be around.

Hope to see you all there.

-Jim

I am going to try and make it so I can put some faces to names. Hopefully the weather will work out.

I picked up a new Stoeger m2000 that I haven't shot yet so seems like there's a 50/50 chance it'll work out. People seem to think they are nice shooters and a good buy or horrible jam-o-matics, time will tell which this is but it was cheap enough that I can trade it in and not lose anything on the purchase price.

I took my first shotgun class a couple of weeks ago so still very much a new shotgun shooter so definately in need of practice. I'll pick up some clays and some 7.5 shot shells but I don't have a thrower or hunting license so hopefully a few folks with those will be around.

Hope to see you all there.

-Jim

If you want some rounds put down the pipe then bringing it is a must

Can anyone say what guns they are bringing? I an trying to decide between 686 silver pigeon sporting and 725 sporting. Does anyone have worker of these?

Im bringing a Sling Shot! should be interesting...lol  Seriously though i will have a Benelli Ethos with me

I don't know how anything grows in that field

equal parts lead and animal shit.

plus lead doesn't dissolve in water. you need a different chemistry make up, usually what city water supplies have been known to do in places like Flint, MI.

Im bringing a Sling Shot! should be interesting...lol  Seriously though i will have a Benelli Ethos with me

Have you ever seen that new-age slingshot that shoots lead balls, arrows, and other things? It had a very high fps but doesn't shoot that far. Impressive accuracy. Hotshot or pocketshot or something. I want one so bad, they look awesome.