ChrisJM981

Prescription shooting glasses

I'm looking for opinions on prescription shooting/safety glasses. Work supplies us with cheap Uvex prescription safety glasses. The glare on them is horrific. I want something with peripheral vision if possible. ESS, Wiley X, and Oakley are currently the top contenders. I'll probably purchase one pair of clear and one pair of sunglasses.

I've been using RX wiley x for the past 5 years cant say enough good things about them , It was time for new glasses again so last weekend I got my regular glasses and ordered a 2 sets off  Wileys  the Wx Boss with amber lens for shooting and the Airrage  with blue mirrors for fishing ,

Oh and the removable foam face seals keeps 100% of side glare from coming in I find them more useful for fishing tho then shooting.

They fog up at all? Had that prob with old pair. Just got a new script and asked him if he'd do Wiley and said yes. So eventually I will give him my frames for yellow safety lens of sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My eye doctor at the time I first got mine carried both Wiley's and Oakley's  both make great glasses and run about the same price range for RX. I like the foam seals to keep any glare out and Oakley didn't offer anything like that at the time that I seen so I choose the wiley x and my wife and I been going with them ever since ,

I've been using Rudy's Project for 15+ years. They are expensive, and I never broke a pair, I've had two. I started with one that used inserts behind the lenses which makes sense if you plan to change your prescription a lot but they tended to fog more. Now I use a pair with the prescription in the shields themselves which is awesome because they do digitally mapped prescriptions and you have the same vision in all directions across curved lenses.

They always run sales up to 50% which often include the prescription so keep an eye out for that.

I've been using Rudy's Project for 15+ years. They are expensive, and I never broke a pair, I've had two. I started with one that used inserts behind the lenses which makes sense if you plan to change your prescription a lot but they tended to fog more. Now I use a pair with the prescription in the shields themselves which is awesome because they do digitally mapped prescriptions and you have the same vision in all directions across curved lenses.

They always run sales up to 50% which often include the prescription so keep an eye out for that.

That's what I'm looking for. Thank you.

Ngoing to make an appointment at Millenium Eyecare in Monroe Twp. That office does prescription shooting glasses according to their Freehold office. Not sure what brands they carry. Will check but the brands mentioned here are whats been on my list.

Hopefully solves my vision problem. Be nice to actually see my front sight.

On 2/4/2017 at 9:48 PM, ChrisJM981 said:

I'm looking for opinions on prescription shooting/safety glasses. Work supplies us with cheap Uvex prescription safety glasses. The glare on them is horrific. I want something with peripheral vision if possible. ESS, Wiley X, and Oakley are currently the top contenders. I'll probably purchase one pair of clear and one pair of sunglasses.

@Mrs. Peel and I we’re just talking about the same thing. What did you decide on, and are you happy with your decision?

7 hours ago, Mrs.Zeke said:

@Mrs. Peel and I we’re just talking about the same thing. What did you decide on, and are you happy with your decision?

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:54 AM, Vlad G said:

@Mrs.Zeke @Mrs. Peel

I haven't had a chance to get them yet. I've only been shooting a handful of times in the past 3 years since becoming a dad. My brother has glasses from Rudy Project and loves them, but he uses contacts. There is a dealer by me and I'll be checking out their products after Jan 1(my allowance for glasses kicks in) to see how much I'm going to be dropping on them. I can't stand the glasses I have for work, and they make my astigmatism worse.

• Like 1