Sign in to follow this  
jm1827

Time to upgrade my rimfire optics

Have a basic Savage MK II I bought a while back to teach the kids to shoot.  Has a cheap 4X scope on it, which was fine at first, but now as I shoot it more, and am starting to get some decent groupings I think it is time to upgrade the scope.

A friend recommended a Nikon 3-9x40 Prostaff, which seems reasonable. So, any recommendations or suggestions? 

Nikon Prostaff Rimfire scopes are decent to good scopes for their price.  I don't usually like the 3-9x40 scopes (simply because I prefer higher magnification), but I've been very happy with my 4-12x40 rimfire Prostaff.  The scopes aren't to the same level as mid-level Nikons I have on other rifles, but at around $100-200, I'm very happy with the cheap Nikons I have.  I'll be buying other Nikons for some of my other rimfires in the future.

I think you'll be very happy with the Nikon, especially if you're coming from one of those $30 4x scopes.

Mueller APV 4.5-14 X 40 AO best value in its class.

http://muelleroptics.com/mapv451440#more-149

http://www.chuckhawks.com/mueller_APV_riflescope.htm

Street around $125

Thanks T Bill, these look like great scopes and the price is definitely right for me!