Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Peel

WhiteHouse.gov second amendment petitions

This is not going well Mrs. Peel.  Obviously, pro 2A groups do not know about this and it is going nowhere

due to the lack of dissemination!

Yes, IMO, the problem with that system is that someone ("any Joe Schmo") posts a petition topic (they might be doing it from mom's basement)... and so no one even knows it's there.

I also reached out to my ladies shooting group today via email - it's a local chapter of a national organization. Maybe they can pass the word? Hmmm... isn't there another much feistier 2A organization than NRA? GOA, I believe? I'll call them tomorrow too. Any other suggestions? I'm still very much a dabbler in this topic - don't know the landscape as well as some of the others on here. But, I can certainly pick up a phone and call if I know who to call!

Again, I can see that this Whitehouse petition thing is best if it's pre-planned and with an organization behind it with a big membership... so they strategically open the petition and immediately release all of the pre-vetted marketing actions to put a push on for signatures. Just my opinion.

This is not going well Mrs. Peel.  Obviously, pro 2A groups do not know about this and it is going nowhere

due to the lack of dissemination!

I've passed it on or have seen it on all my Florida 2A groups.  We're on it!

• Like 1

I think the problem is with the email verification.

Last president was a log in as I recall.

This system is better imho but individuals need to Ck there email.

Or we are sitting on butts thinking trump has it and everything is fine now?

• Like 1

Maybe contact the Second Amendment Foundation, Ammoland, and The Firearm Blog. Already in discussion at The High Road.

That's good, thanks! I didn't even know about all these groups. :-) I just sent detailed emails off to SAF and Ammoland through their websites.

I did not send to the Firearm Blog - because their tagline is "FirearmsNotPolitics" and I scanned through their articles and noticed there was NO 2A activism, but there were several political disclaimers. (I know some non-profits are precluding from political activity - I'm guessing that's the case here. It didn't seem to be the right forum).

Signed and verified

Having been reading the discussion in the House Ways and Means Committee from 1934 http://jpfo.org/pdf03/National_Firearms_Act.pdf

prior to the passage of the NFA, my blood pressure has soared.

Read it at your own risk (and have your sublingual nitroglycerin handy)

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-1986-hughes-amendment

The 1986 Hughes amendment (as part of the Firearm Owners Protection Act) is an unconstitutional ban that limits law abiding citizens from owning fully automatic weapons that were manufactured past May 19, 1986. Select fire weapons are already very heavily regulated under the 1934 National Firearms Act which requires you to register your gun and submit a tax stamp. Since 1934 there have only been 2 known homicides committed with a legally owned fully automatic firearm and one of them was caused by a police officer. This law does nothing to prevent crime and it raises the price of legal automatic weapons to a ludicrous price due to supply and demand. Repealing the unconstitutional Hughes amendment will restore our second amendment rights that have been under attack for a very long time.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa

We the People wish to see the National Firearms Act of 1934 repealed in order to remove regulations on our 2nd amendment rights, increase national economic strength, and provide protection against threats to our national security.

I'll worry about that one when I can no longer get arrested for walking past my driveway. 

Then here's one for you, someone started today. Won't update # of sigs until 150 signatures are validated by signer clicking link in their email.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-all-unconstitutional-gun-laws-state-new-jersey-laws-banning-mag-capacity-stocks-barrel-length-etc

Repeal all unconstitutional gun laws in the state of New Jersey. Laws banning mag capacity, stocks, barrel length etc

Then here's one for you, someone started today. Won't update # of sigs until 150 signatures are validated by signer clicking link in their email.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-all-unconstitutional-gun-laws-state-new-jersey-laws-banning-mag-capacity-stocks-barrel-length-etc

Repeal all unconstitutional gun laws in the state of New Jersey. Laws banning mag capacity, stocks, barrel length etc

I signed.

That petition is ridiculous. The federal government, especially the Executive branch, has no ability to actually repeal a state law.

Influence? Sure. Mitigate (ala reciprocity), Probably. But they can't directly repeal.

Words matter. You should know what you're talking about when you posting one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like we have 2 threads running on this: http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/84974-whitehousegov-petition-repeal-nfa/?hl=repeal

I'm going to PM a moderator right now and ask them to lock the prior one. I'm also going to PM the OP (above) and ask him to amend his original post to remind people that it's a 2-step process to vote - you vote online and then verify through your email. Yeah, I know, no one on here is stupid... I just think that anyone who's hurried could miss that, and we want everyone's vote to count. 

Also, as someone else mentioned on the last thread... the 100,000 votes has been reached for the "Repeal the NFA" petition... the "Hughes Amendment" petition has over 16K - still a long way to go, but way higher than it was just 48 hours ago when I last looked at.

That petition is ridiculous. The federal government, especially the Executive branch, has no ability to actually repeal a state law.

Influence? Sure. Mitigate (ala reciprocity), Probably. But they can't directly repeal.

Words matter. You should know what you're talking about when you posting one of these.

You mean like slavery? Or denial of civil and constitutional rights?

You mean like slavery? Or denial of civil and constitutional rights?

Neither of those things were "repealed" by the Executive branch. Unless you count Lincoln engaging in the Civil War "ending slavery", which might be an oversimplification.

The courts can nullify or overturn a state law. I can't think of an example where the President can.

Neither of those things were "repealed" by the Executive branch. Unless you count Lincoln engaging in the Civil War "ending slavery", which might be an oversimplification.

The courts can nullify or overturn a state law. I can't think of an example where the President can.

Soo I'm gonna guess you didn't sign. Cause, " you could have worded it better "

Lol. This is Joisey

Soo I'm gonna guess you didn't sign. Cause, " you could have worded it better "

Lol. This is Joisey

Perhaps you could better explain how a petition to the Whitehouse would lead to a repeal of all of NJs anti-gun laws. It's like asking the dentist to fix my cable.

Perhaps you could better explain how a petition to the Whitehouse would lead to a repeal of all of NJs anti-gun laws. It's like asking the dentist to fix my cable.

Well nothing else is working. At the worst the Ag could look into our civil rights violations by this states legislators.

American Citizens have rights afforded to them by the constitution, regardless of their zip code.

And your dentist may be better than the cable company, at least with customer service....