Purple Patrick

Metallica/A7X/Volbeat Metlife 5/14

I've seen metallica 4 times that I remember. I don't think I'm going to this one. But I'll probably have a presale code since I have eagles premium seats.

I am going to garth brooks in march though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen metallica 4 times that I remember. I don't think I'm going to this one. But I'll probably have a presale code since I have eagles premium seats.

I am going to garth brooks in march though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen them a lot. It seems so packaged. It could be that since I can count the number of good songs they've put out over the last 25 years on one hand, I've grown tired of the same set list. :dontknow:

Volbeat sounds better live than studio recordings IMO, so they would be the draw for me.

Honestly I could due without Metalica and just see A7X and Volbeat. Metalica will undoubtably drive the price of tickets up and I am still pissed at that little bitch over Napster.

Their current album is being forced down everyone's throat but I kinda feel it sucks.

Would be better if it was A7X, Volbeat and 5FDP

Honestly I could due without Metalica and just see A7X and Volbeat. Metalica will undoubtably drive the price of tickets up and I am still pissed at that little bitch over Napster.

Their current album is being forced down everyone's throat but I kinda feel it sucks.

Would be better if it was A7X, Volbeat and 5FDP

100% agree and I just realized it's on mothers day... I might have to see it at a different venue in a different state :(

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

The most wild pits I saw were as I lay dying at Rev gen. I saw a 5 foot< chick try and jump in to a circle and get accidently spin kicked in the face. They had to bring an ambulance out into the crowd(outdoor festival)

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

i can take or leave volbeat. saw them twice so far and theyre pretty good live for those who like them

a7x i used to love back in 04 when i saw them at warped tour. at rock allegiance in PA last year they didnt do much for me. after city of evil i feel like they lost whatever made them special and everything after sounds average and mediocre. and last year they played maybe 3-4 songs i actually knew. so meh i can enjoy seeing them but not thrilled like i would have been some years back.

and speaking of missing that special something hardwired just doesnt feel like a metallica album. it has some balls here and there but its just not got that metallica magic to it. but hey its still decent plus im sure the legends will be playing tons of other songs i know and love.

id go depending on price. ticketmaster says 60-160 not including their BS "we have a monopoly so we charge you 15 bucks for doing absolutely nothing" fees. and since we kind of swore off cheaping out and not getting floor tickets anymore cause everytime we have to sit in the stands we regret it the whole time it means im probably looking at 160+.

way way way more important to me is getting to see Sabaton in NYC on April 21st. They're my favorite and I've yet to see them live. I've gotta find someone who will go or I may well go myself. I don't want to miss them at all, but especially now that they are actually headlining.

i'm going.. i like some cuts from Hardwired, it some of the best they have done in 15 yrs musically. They have gotten a little to showy for my liking , but i realize this is not Roseland Ballroom circa 1982... good times, barely remembered.  

this was about the last shred of respect i had for them:

i was a huge fan when i was younger, but i honestly dont think it was ever about the music for lars, and hasnt been for the rest of them since the 80s

if i go itll be for volbeat, and ill give gojira a shot, they have a couple songs i like

It's a shame Metallica has fallen so far that they are playing a tour with two scrub bands I never even heard of.

Monsters of Rock was a great Tour. Metallica, Slayer, Megadeath & Anthrax another great lineup. A7X & Volbeat???? No.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sober James Hetfield and Lars D-bag can take turns s^&*%$# my d^$#.

They did provide me a lot of entertainment and tab when I was a teen. I saw them twice and first realized some of them were scumbags in Philly. Somebody threw a frisbee onto the stage at the Spectrum and Jamesdouche tells the band, "Stop! Stop!" Then addresses the crowd: "That *pointing* motherfucker is throwing shit at ME. If I were you I would kick his ass!" Death sentence. For a damn frisbee. Like 50 people descended on this poor kid and shortly thereafter somebody broke out a window on the 3rd floor of the Spectrum and threw somebody (presumably him) to their death.

I'm going but I would easily trade Volbeat for System of a Down, Slayer or even Megadeth. A7X is good enough for an opener as long as they stick to their older stuff. Kind of a weird pairing though, I always felt the other members of the Big 4 were really the only proper opening acts. Newer metal is just so different from Metallica, doesn't sound right. The last times

I saw Metallica they were opened up for by the likes of Godsmack, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and other god forsaken crap that made me want to throw myself over the nosebleed railing.