FishNHard

Has anyone done there own cerakote ??

I was wondering if anyone has done there own cerakote  , I'm looking to do an ar upper, lower and hand guard . I'm use to doing powder coating on small parts for  some other hobbys and It really don't seem all that much different , just wondering if anyone done there own and how did it turn out, John

I have done the heat cure cerakote. Huge Pain in the ass, but it did come out great.

The hardest part is preventing dry spraying, which causes rough spots in the final product. You also need to media blast the part and make sure every single speck of oil is removed. The ball detent on one of my AR dust cover wasn't clean enough and the finish suffered. I rushed that one and only flashed it once, the oven draws out oil from every little crevice, if u do it... Clean the parts, flash them in the over, clean them again and flash again... If u see any oil/wet spots repeat. Probably the most important part right there.