Shawnmoore81

Deciding on a striker 9

I read about the cz. The guy testing it liked it but the sight came loose and the trigger spring broke. That's not horrible but not great. I'm not a fan of guns failing. I've only had 3 but 2 of them I no longer own

Sig p250 (cracked hammer and replaced trigger group)

Sig 516 (upgraded the piston)

Remington versa max ( replaced sights and bolt)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read about the cz. The guy testing it liked it but the sight came loose and the trigger spring broke. That's not horrible but not great. I'm not a fan of guns failing. I've only had 3 but 2 of them I no longer own

What guy? Got a link?

It all depends on how you look at it. The hammer HKs and Sigs, I agree on them being a bit much, but the VP9 and P320 aren't too bad. Almost no one that I've seen has them selling for MSRP. For about what it would cost to buy a Glock 19, new trigger, new sights, and modify the grip to be more comfortable in my hand, you're right there at the cost of a VP9 without any fuss.

With that said, there's a good chance that my next pistol will be a Glock "project gun" so...lol

I see no magic in the SIG or H&K trigger, sights, or grip. I was required to have the NY 1 trigger when I was working. It's still there. A few pounds in a trigger doesn't make a difference except maybe in a game gun. Night sights are nice on any SD gun. They'll cost you more on any of the 3 being discussed. Grip is totally subjective and not an issue AFAIC. If grip was really such an issue guns like the 1911 and S&W J and K frames would have died long ago.

• Like 1

The new CZ is the reason my next round of permits is on hold, supposedly production lag time. I decided a to get a few strikers of which I have none. Already have the P07 (several K rds no issues) and the P10 mags will cross fit with the P07 but not the other way around w/o cutting a notch in the 07 mags :(. Not sure what else either. Got time to figure it out.

Here's my take on them.  I've shot all 3 and owned the Glock and H&K.  I looked at them this way:

For the Glock, I looked at as "All those folks can't all be wrong" so there must be something about the Glock.  I never had any problems with it but it just wasn't for me.  It felt like a brick, the trigger was horrible IMO for a range gun and I sold it.  Just not for me.

For the H&K, I bought it because of the reviews.  I held it at the counter and it felt great.  I shot well with it but there was no excitement.  It was very similar to the PPQ M2 I have.  I decided I didn't need the VP9 and sold it.  I might have felt different if I could CCW regularly but I cant.  It's a fine gun but there were other things I wanted more.

Now the Sig has my attention.  I rented one at the range to try it, and liked it, but my current batch of permits are spoken for.

Of those three I would put them in order as H&K, Sig then Glock.  If you're considering others I would add the PPQ to the list.

If you decide to get the Glock consider joining GSSF for the Blue-label discount.

I'm a big fan of aftermarket availability, which the glock wins without any debate. With the govt pickup of the sig, a lot more aftermarket may be in the near future.

I personally like M&P, but I only picked it over the 19 due to the whole American factor. All the performance center versions that I have shot were worth the extra money. I am strongly considering a new 2.0 as well.

Who gives NRA instructors discounts?

Sig does. NRA instructors are eligible to buy their APP priced guns. Currently that is P226, P320 and some 1911s.

https://www.sigsauer.com/promotion/nra-instructor-discount-program/