Shawnmoore81

Deciding on a striker 9

I am going to put in a vote for the Glock 19, Gen 4. I purchased mine about 4 years ago, & it is probably my favorite handgun that I own. I like the Glock night sights & the double recoil spring of the Gen 4 guns, so I will often use some Gold Dot 124 grain JHP's at the range. If I could carry in this "wonderful" state, it would most likely be my ideal concealed carry pistol. I have looked at the H&K VP 9 many times in my local gun store, but I have not bought it, as I also really like the H&K P30 9mm, but that is a DA/SA hammer fired pistol. I have not looked at the P 320 because I am a very big fan of the classic P series, such as my 226 9mm (West German) gun.  Hopefully you will decide which one that you really like the best, & be very happy with which ever one you do decide to buy. 

I own all of them. They are all excellent choices. In order of what i like best: VP9, Walther PPQ,Sig 320, G19. Even though the G19 is last, it is still an excellent handgun and shoots great. It is really a question of what feels best to you as they are all great shooters. There are variations in the sights they come with. Shoot them all and then decide

• Like 1

Apparently my buddy's Pd is switching to the 320

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This shouldn't persuade you one way or another. You'll be happy with the VP9, and again, your welcome.

• Like 1

Mooooooo! [emoji230][emoji230][emoji230][emoji230][emoji230][emoji230] VP9 [emoji230][emoji230][emoji230][emoji230][emoji230][emoji230]Moooooooo! [emoji13][emoji23][emoji6][emoji481]

• Like 1

Apparently my buddy's Pd is switching to the 320

From glock

But that didn't make a difference. I just get really good pricing on sigs. I shot an email for the price and liked what I got back

Shawn if you want to base your decision on what police use (and you shouldn't as Ray clearly pointed out) over 60% of the police in the US carry Glocks. About 25,000 or 70% of NYPD carry Glocks.

I don't think Glock is worried about losing sales because your friend's department is switching to SIG. I'm sure the FBI buying Glocks offsets this.

Smaller agencies adopt guns for all sorts of reasons. The Smyrna, GA PD, where Glock USA is located, used S&Ws. Why? S&W gave them all the guns they wanted so they could claim the cops in the town where Glocks are made use S&W. I knew of one agency that wanted full auto MP5s bit settled for 3 rd burst because they got a war better price piggybacking on Secret Service's contract.

So you're going for the low bidder?

After all that! (Shaking head).....

One more time! Mooooo!

Lock 'em down boys. We're going home.[emoji3]