grifter0x

Range Roll Stock-Lok

Looking to get my first AR-15 and concerned about the pinning the stock.  Choosing a position for the stock day one and it doesn't work for me in the future is my concern.  Searching the web I found this Range Roll Stock-Lok. 

They provide a tool to adjust would this meet the requirement?

Thanks

Looking to get my first AR-15 and concerned about the pinning the stock.  Choosing a position for the stock day one and it doesn't work for me in the future is my concern.  Searching the web I found this Range Roll Stock-Lok. 

They provide a tool to adjust would this meet the requirement?

Thanks

I mean, you could always drill the pin out and re-pin it at another setting if need be. Just make sure the upper is elsewhere so that you dont have a complete rifle, to keep things legal.

I've found most stock settings work fine for me, but im short. Play around with a few in a LGS to see what you would prefer, and stick with that. See what feels natural, is all.. The only time youd have to move it is if someone else is shooting that is taller/shorter/has a different reach.

at the moment the stock can "telescope" you are in possession of a gun with a feature that is counted towards the consideration of being an assault weapon.. 

the law does not say you can put it on and then pin it

the law does not say you can use a tool

the law says if the stock can telescope..  (and it has enough additional countable assault weapon features) it is then in fact at that moment an assault weapon.. 

since there is no further clarification you have to just take the law at face value.. and assume it means exactly what it says.. 

can telescope - evil feature 

can not telescope - not evil feature 

• Like 1

I emailed them asking about NJ legality and this was their response:

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the inquiry. We need to update our website to reflect NJ use. NJ is our second best selling state, right behind CA. Being in CA, We're not as well versed in NJ firearm laws as we are with CA laws, however, we sell a ton of Stock-Loks to NJ. If NJ laws simply state that no telescoping stock, Stock-Lok eliminates any telescoping option, since it removes the adjustment mechanisms and fixes the stock to one place. It also requires an external tool and complete disassembly to adjust the stock. If NJ law requires the stock to be permanently fixed to one position, Stock-Lok can be used below to accomplish this.

Some of our customers in NY and a few in NJ have opted to use epoxy to make the use of Stock-Lok "permanent." There are two options with this method: 1. Epoxy the Stock-Lok into the slot position you prefer, or 2. Epoxy the open top portion of the socket head screw after it's installed so the tool can not fit in it. Both of those options make the installation "permanent." We've definitely had NY customers do these options, and I think a few NJ customers have opted to do one or the other of these options. 

If you have any other questions, just let us know.

Thanks,

Range Roll Team

Another less expensive option is to modify the latch mechanism on a Magpul CTR stock so that it no longer releases without disassembly.  This way you can still change the length if you need to (with time and tools), but it is fixed in position if anyone tries to adjust it using just their hands.  If you end up moving to a free state,  you can reverse the mod and the stock will function as intended again.

Thread includes lengthy debate on how NJ LEO's might view this:

http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/30623-how-to-pin-magpul-ctr-stock-without-drilling/

I used a "ground-down-to-custom-length" metal pin instead of the dowel described.

• Like 1

The sub2k can adjust a couple inches and the njsp said that's fine. There is a letter floating around on here about it. YMMV

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

I have that letter. The reasoning is that the rifle needs to be disassembled to change the LOP and is inoperable while changing it.

• Like 1