Yea I know the guy at the police station that does my paperwork but this time he made me go on to www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/ and had to fill out the form.for my own criminal background check that will be mailed to the police station. Never had to do that before.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pemberton NJ. Dropped off 2 completed permit apps with reference sheets 17Jan. Picked the completed permits up today. They quote 4-6 weeks turnaround time.

Dam I dropped mine off Jan 9 n still nothing. Ur lucky. I'm in kenilworth nj

Just checked with my town, approximately 30 days depending on how fast your friends returned they letters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yea my friends haven't even received there letters yet. My town is small but very slow

Stay on top of your references. Ensure they mail it back the day they receive it from your municipality. That can be the Achilles heel for some. I don't buy into the small town, understaffed municipality bullshit. But I'm not about to get into that swim lane. You hear stories all the time of people repeatedly calling on permit status, only to get theirs 8 months later. Their permits must go to the bottom of the pile after each status check. My success is pure luck, but I go in with my paperwork typed. I use Adobe Pro. The only thing I need to do is sign in front on them.

Yea it's my next door neighbor so I see them every day. Only 1 guy does our permits so it's more or less when he decides to get to them. I had it 1 time they had it for over a month there before they called me to tell me it's ready

Found out from my friend whose a cop in town that the guy who does the permits has over hundred permits to do so looks like not gonna happen anytime soon. He's the only 1 that does it so it's when he feels like getting to them. Smh

Cause a guy did his on January 17 n got his back already. I did mine on January 9th 8 days before his and my criminal background check hasn't come back. Has to bs . Cause the state does the check n no way he does his 8 days after mine and mine isnt even back yet

It's all BS. If you get pulled over, they know if you have a record before the officer makes it to your window.  Even if the permitting system wasn't an "infringement" on a right, the fact that it takes more than 10 minutes is absolutely BS.

Don't let yourself believe that getting a permit within 30 days is somehow a good thing.  I hate that having the right restricted for so long has made it seem okay to so many people in NJ.  Imagine if you had to wait 30 days for your permit to come through so you could practice the religion of your choice, or voice your opinion, or get a fair trial. 

How quickly you get your permits is up to your local PD. The PRNJ, as much as it sucks and is responsible for

this whacked out, Unconstitutional system, is not the reason for your long wait.

I have a police Chief in my town that is VERY pro 2A rights. In fact, the Lieutenant here bent over backwards

to help me get a non resident CCW! I had a long talk with him and I asked if the men in his department were as pro2A as he

is. His response was "they better be if want to work here is this city"!  Gotta love it!

That is why I get my permits in 2 to 3 weeks.

Many people wait months for their permits because their Chief is an anti gun a$$hole. Plain and simple.

My chief is not like that. I just don't know how the state background check didn't come in yet. When someone did theres 8 days after mine and they got there permits already. And mine hasnt even come back. That's the same thing online 212a form everyone has to do. That just doesn't make sense

Ok my friend just check and the background check from the state hasn't come back yet. Seriously 45 days and nothing back. How is it others get there's in 2 weeks from the state . Unbelievable

I call Bravo Sierra on that one...online background check from the state gets back to the local PD the same day. I pick up the paperwork and fill it all out in the lobby, first thing i do is the online check from my phone, by the time i fill everything else out and hand it all in they tell me "we already got the info from the state" lol