ogfarmer

Banger's Sport Shop AUCTION SALE

Remaining Bangors Inventory Auction

There is 2 events scheduled 1 Online only and 1 live on site in PA.

EVENT 1
Online Bidding Only

Begins: Monday, March 06, 2017 at 12:00 PM EST

Ends: Monday, March 13, 2017 at 8:00 PM EST

http://www.alderferauction.com/auction/308952/online-only-auction-firearms/

EVENT 2

Live On-Site Auction

Begins: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 9:00 AM EDT

Ends: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 2:00 PM EDT

http://www.alderferauction.com/auction/308563/firearms-auction/

Month? Recheck that. Also, it's because they never paid their creditors.

ETA: Oct '16

Sent from an undisclosed location

I said "a month or more ago". So that could mean 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 months. I don't know specifics or care. I only seen posts on here about a death and closed posted about it quite infrequently.

That explains where the firearms are going. There's an auction for the rest of the (non-firearm) store inventory, which is open to the general public:

http://www.comly.com/auction/308473/bangers-sport-shop-store-inventory/

Damn shame about Banger's. Really nice people.

Rescheduled for Thursday 3/16 due to the storm

As far as the high prices go, unless some a'hole bids the auction house's opening price, the auctioneer will be just about forced to start the bidding at a much lower price due to the fact that this sale is for the benefit of the bankruptcy trustee, whose goal is to liquidate everything so that there is cash to pay out to the estate's creditors. The Trustee does not want the merchandise. He only wants CASH.

So if your goal is to actually buy some of these items at reasonable prices, DO NOT bid until the opening price is lowered (to bring the actual sales price down to earth, remembering to take the 20% Buyer's Premium into account)

• Like 1

Rescheduled for Thursday 3/16 due to the storm

As far as the high prices go, unless some a'hole bids the auction house's opening price, the auctioneer will be just about forced to start the bidding at a much lower price due to the fact that this sale is for the benefit of the bankruptcy trustee, whose goal is to liquidate everything so that there is cash to pay out to the estate's creditors. The Trustee does not want the merchandise. He only wants CASH.

So if your goal is to actually buy some of these items at reasonable prices, DO NOT bid until the opening price is lowered (to bring the actual sales price down to earth, remembering to take the 20% Buyer's Premium into account)

You are absolutely correct.

I felt that everything was expensive. There's a 20% auction premium and for pistols 44 bucks shipped to,your FFL then transfer and NICS -- it really adds up.

If, as I expected, the auction was a financial bust for both the auction house and the bankruptcy trustee, I foresee the trustee trying to unload the whole shebang at wholesale in order to recover something from the bankrupt party's assets for the benefit of the trustee and the unfortunate unsecured creditors (who will be paid last, and only pennies on the dollar, for that matter)

Long sentence, I know

Bottom line: If you were an unsecured creditor owed money from Bangers at the date of bankruptcy, you're most likely fooked out of most of it.

• Like 1