Scorpio64

I Need a New Accountant

Can anyone recommend a conservative, or at the very least moderate, accountant in Monmouth county, preferably close to the Tinton Falls/Eatontown area.  My current accountant is a flaming anti 2A guy and I can no longer support his business.

I don't need a powerhouse, just someone who can advise me on my small business (very small business actually) answer the occasional question on retirement investment and do my taxes.  The guy I have now is actually very good and a nice guy, I just can't get behind his "alt left" ideology.  This has been brewing for a while, but his recent posts in support for a full on ban of ALL firearms put me over the top.  It's time to make a change..

• Like 1

Yes, but you are on the wrong side of the Pines. Or are you one of the guys willing to work with professionals without meeting them? If so, I have a name as a last resort (I prefer to meet with them).

For something like this, I'd probably want to meet them ftf at least once. I'm kinda used to going once or twice a year for a ftf, especially around tax season when I drop off my pile of papers and receipts.  Lemme see how many recommendations I get first.

These guys have been doing my personal taxes for quite a few years now, it's a small firm and they are right in Eatontown off 35.  I can't attest to anyone's 2A perspective there but the service has been good, meaning I usually get a refund.

http://www.apa-cpa.com/

I'd settle for anyone that does not post anti 2A crap or rainbows on FB every other day.

Mike Vitolo on 35 Wall/Sea Girt. 732-974-7211

Been going there for years shortly after my wife bought a business. No clue on his 2A thoughts, it never came up. But very happy with him as a CPA. One of those deals where my wife and I didn't know how bad the last guy was until we saw how good Mike was.

Can anyone recommend a conservative, or at the very least moderate, accountant in Monmouth county, preferably close to the Tinton Falls/Eatontown area. My current accountant is a flaming anti 2A guy and I can no longer support his business.

I don't need a powerhouse, just someone who can advise me on my small business (very small business actually) answer the occasional question on retirement investment and do my taxes. The guy I have now is actually very good and a nice guy, I just can't get behind his "alt left" ideology. This has been brewing for a while, but his recent posts in support for a full on ban of ALL firearms put me over the top. It's time to make a change..

Good on ya friend. Rational people are never one sided. You may find out he was not a good CPA...

Not everybody gets all A's

Thanks for the info guys.  I'll be making some calls.  Like I said, this has been brewing for a few months.  I guess it started in December when I called and sent an e-mail to get advice on what to do with my inheritance after my mother passed away in late November and he never called back.  Then when he started with the anti 2A crap and other SJW BS, well, yanno...

btw...  If you like your accountant DO NOT friend him/her on FB.  Ignorance is bliss.