YankeeSC

Hunterdon County Chiefs of Police Association 1st Annual Shooting competition/fundraiser

The Hunterdon County Chiefs of Police Association, in partnership with Tactical Training Center, are holding their 1st Annual Shooting competition/fundraiser!

When: Sunday March 26th 2017
Where: T.T.C – 10 Minneakoning Rd, Flemington, NJ 08822
Final competition: 1:30 – 2:30
2:30pm – 5:00pm: BBQ pig roast provided by Dan’s Backyard BBQ, prizes, awards, food, beverages

Three categories: Civilian, Law Enforcement, and Team (Law Enforcement & T.T.C VIP Member)

Participants will shoot a predesigned qualification course of fire; a predetermined number of participants will move on to the final competition, prizes will be awarded in three separate categories.

For more information, please click on the following forms: Registration FlyerSponsorship Flyer General, and Sponsorship Registration.

Shooting registration is limited to first 125 – Deadline to register March 13, 2017

I am not sponsoring this, just reposting for those that may be interested.

My assumption is they are fundraising for the CoP Assoc.

Registration fees (as per the registration flyer):

LEO/TTC VIP member $75

TTC member $100

non-member $125

non-shooter $75

Registration includes: Continental breakfast, BBQ meal, drinks, prizes, T-shirt

They posted an update to answer questions that people are having:

This event is a fundraiser for the Hunterdon County Chief's of Police. There will be several timed Combat Handgun Courses, similar to an International Defensive Pistol Course with reactionary targets, barricades and movement. There will be an individual and two man person team competition. Competitors will need approximately 150 rounds to shoot the course.

https://www.facebook.com/tacticaltrainingcenternj/photos/a.563458490463178.1073741828.558503107625383/877258802416477/?type=3&theater

I'm going to make the assumption that the Hunterdon County Assc of Chiefs of police is aligned with the International Association. This organization is virulently anti-2A and have been lobbying for Universal Background Checks since 2006 or before. They generally align themselves with the anti-2A politicians since the chief's position is an appointed one.

Please don't read into the above that I am anti-LEO. The rank & file LEO's generally support the 2A and are diametrically opposed, politically, to the chief's association.

Why should I pony-up $125 of my money to support an organization that wants to trample my rights as a gun owner? Not to mention the overall vagueness of this undertaking - course of fire? Guns allowed? What is the "predetermined" number of finalists and how will they be chosen? Prizes?

Looks like for $125 I'm buying a pig-in-poke and supporting an organization that wants to abrogate my 2A rights. No thanks.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 2

I'm going to make the assumption that the Hunterdon County Assc of Chiefs of police is aligned with the International Association. This organization is virulently anti-2A and have been lobbying for Universal Background Checks since 2006 or before. They generally align themselves with the anti-2A politicians since the chief's position is an appointed one.

Please don't read into the above that I am anti-LEO. The rank & file LEO's generally support the 2A and are diametrically opposed, politically, to the chief's association.

Why should I pony-up $125 of my money to support an organization that wants to trample my rights as a gun owner? Not to mention the overall vagueness of this undertaking - course of fire? Guns allowed? What is the "predetermined" number of finalists and how will they be chosen? Prizes?

Looks like for $125 I'm buying a pig-in-poke and supporting an organization that wants to abrogate my 2A rights. No thanks.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Here, Here !!

Bob - Thanks for the insight.

As you I'm definitely not anti-LEO.

Not only the politics of this group but do you know what chiefs make sans their pension?

My daughter is federal and there is no parity what so ever.

I can't support this.