Been looking at tomahawks and want to buy a good quality one. Use a Benchmade as an edc knife. Looking for suggestions as to what I should look for. Budget pretty liberal, but won't go past 1k.

What say you NJGF?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Stupid question, but what do you need a tomahawk for? (Not trying to be a dick, serious stupid question

A Tomahawk ? Well that is what I greet you with when you enter my home uninvited at night. That and a Katana Samurai sword.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And a shotgun or something I hope.

Blake, for that price range you should be able to get something custom.

Yea, looking at what's available I don't think I will need to spend the 1k. Will find the best quality piece that meets what I am looking for.

For typical use, those prices are nuts. I recently bought a SOG Tomahawk Mini to cut out some shrubs. Well made and sharp. Won't even come close to breaking the bank.

If you want something that will last a lifetime, Estwing has a really nice one too. They will survive the apocalypse. I have one of their hammers that I bought in the mid 80s and its still a workhorse.

Here is my SOG...

e6a2d06d1241ad012ef2a93cd8d90b21.jpg

Here is the Estwing I recommend.

Estwing E24A 14-Inch Sportsman's Axe with Leather Grip & Nylon Sheath https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BNQR4SG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ghRTybJ2AQQ1C

Cold Steel makes great hawks.I have 5 or 6 versions.  I like the SOG double axe. as well. Really depends on what you intend to use it for. If you have a combatives martials arts background then Winkler, Ernest Emerson and are high end made for offensive use. I have a Camilus SIN that is short and has a wicked grind to it that makes it both lethal and a very effective control device. I sell blades on the side so I can get you anything you want way below retail.

Cold Steel makes great hawks.I have 5 or 6 versions. I like the SOG double axe. as well. Really depends on what you intend to use it for. If you have a combatives martials arts background then Winkler, Ernest Emerson and are high end made for offensive use. I have a Camilus SIN that is short and has a wicked grind to it that makes it both lethal and a very effective control device. I sell blades on the side so I can get you anything you want way below retail.

Quote for more info

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Check out Beaver Bill forging. I have two of his standard hawks. Great to throw.

Dave

Dave:

Thanks for the heads-up on Beaver Bill. Ordered a standard Throwing Hawk, sheath and extra handle to give to my younger son for his birthday. Seems like the latest craze is axe throwing. There is a facility close to where he lives in Philly (was featured on the channel 6 news) and I believe there is one in Eatontown. He and his wife have already been to the one close to them. It has become so popular that parties have to book far in advance - their next date is 4/22.

I don't know how long this craze will last, but those that got in early will make a mint - the biggest overhead will come from the liability insurance. The ROI should be quick & plentiful.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I may have recently gotten my hands on a Winkler WKII Combat Axe over breakfast at a friends house. It is to die for. Blake, Trust me on this. Get the Winkler. You will not be displeased.

Pocket dump before sitting down to eat:

n7FmLX4.jpg

Oh, hello!

d2GPSBD.jpg

Also, If you look closely, you may see a custom Multicam VectorHawk on the table as well.

Yes, It is under a very real and registered M203 launcher.

I may have recently gotten my hands on a Winkler WKII Combat Axe over breakfast at a friends house.

Hot damn HE, how many cargo pockets you have to fit all that stuff in ;)

Thnx for the recommendation, I will order one. Recently picked up a used GGG battle hawk that is on its way as well.

That m203 looks like fun, don't you need a stamp for each individual shell though?

• Like 1

Check some of the blade forums. You will likely have better luck finding one faster and cheaper. This one was bought off the previous owner in brand new, unused, condition for quite a bit less than a new 'hawk direct from Winkler, and without the then 2-3 month back-order time.

A few buddies and I went to visit another friend at his house out of state. He has the M203 rigged as a standalone launcher. Each shell is stamped as a DD. The "tang" rounds are reloadable though and only stamped once I think. It was all explained, but I don't really remember all the nuances to owning and feeding a 203.

I think my hard-on after launching a few rounds made all the blood leave my brain.....

• Like 1

Got the SOG but still cant throw it worth shit.

Got throwing knives, can’t throw them either. I think they were made from boomerangs. [emoji23] They like coming back at me. [emoji23]

Estwings don’t... lol.

fe24eeb73c7f0ce74576c76b6d613fd3.jpg

The Estwing tool line are great tools and last forever.
The hammer in the earlier photo is heavily used since the early 80s and still my current fav go to hammer. Last year I bead blasted it to get it looking like new. Has a satin finish now.