medved11

KRISS Vector Carbine - Heck, Yeah! or Heck, No!?

Yeah - apparently (at least according to that post that I saw yesteday), in order to not have to redesign all of their shrouds that were designed for the original 16mm diameter barrel, KRISS milled the the first inch of the new 17mm barrel down to 16mm in order to get the shroud on with a really tight fit. There was another post that said that the end of the barrel was milled down to 15mm, so I'm not sure which is correct

Oh I didn't know they changed the dimensions.....the only good thing about the new shroud is it would at least show you have the newer version ....lol

Nice bro.....congrats.....post a pic when you get everything set up

Thanks - I'll definitely post a pic when I get it set up. I ended up grabbing a FDE model with the new shroud design. The sights were pretty much zeroed out of the box. I just need to make a slight tweak of elevation at 50 yards. After that, i was practically putting bullets through the same hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FDE is my favorite color.....yeah the factory diamond head sights are phenomenal

I was going back and forth between the FDE and green color and went with FDE since the action felt a little smoother for some reason (both Gen 2).

The newer Gen 2 comes with Magpul MBUS sights instead of the diamond head ones which was okay by me since I've got them on my ARs.

I'm looking around now for a 9mm lower so I can shoot both calibers.

Scored a gen 1 for 950. Had to get it. I like the gen 1's better

Nice find! Did you happen to grab the Gen 1 from Howell Gun Works? They had a used 9mm on their rack for about a day.

I still do like the round barrel shroud on the Gen 1 better than the new "enhanced" version.

At the moment, I'm trying to decide between an Eotech 512 and an Aimpoint PRO for mine.

I'm leaning towards the Aimpoint but I like the reticle on the EOTech. I like the simplicity of the Aimpoint but I do prefer the reticle design on the EOTech a bit more.

Nice find! Did you happen to grab the Gen 1 from Howell Gun Works? They had a used 9mm on their rack for about a day.

I still do like the round barrel shroud on the Gen 1 better than the new "enhanced" version.

At the moment, I'm trying to decide between an Eotech 512 and an Aimpoint PRO for mine.

I'm leaning towards the Aimpoint but I like the reticle on the EOTech. I like the simplicity of the Aimpoint but I do prefer the reticle design on the EOTech a bit more.

Better off with a Vortex than an Eoturd. Cheaper too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Well, I went full Star Wars w/ my pick up a few weeks ago. Still need to take her out but loving it so far. Put a Vortex SPARC AR on her.. :maninlove::maninlove::maninlove:

IMG_0211%20Edited_zpssy6sd3nl.jpg

How's the cowitness with The SPARC AR and the iron sights? I'm still trying to pick an optic for mine

For the money I'll say no. They have that goodly barely shroud. Pistol or SBR I may say yes but for the money the new Wilson combat 9mm AR is way nicer.