Rob0115

Anyone checking out the 2017 Raptor?

Nice!  Those things are beasts alright.  I'm waiting for the full size Bronco to be introduced before I plot my way forward with replacing my '03 Rubicon.  I will have a hard time letting it go after 16 years and with only 177K miles on it.  The Raptor is on my short list.

• Like 1

I'm not much of a pickup guy but if I bought one it'd be a Raptor.  

A friend of mine bought his first (he's on his second) back in 2011. I never thought a pickup could handle...and go...so well.

I was even more impressed when I saw Tanner Foust on Top Gear blasting across the desert  (the desert not a desert road) at 80 mph.  He said, and the video in the cab confirmed, the truck was tracking fine and felt more like just driving on a bumpy road.

The Ranger Raptor already exists abroad.  I don’ t know if they’ll bring it to the US.  I don’t know if you seen the new Ranger but it isn’t as small as it used to be.  It looks good though. 

I had an 18 Raptor and wasn’t overly impressed. Great for a toy but if you need it to act like a pickup/ haul it doesn’t do a great job. So it comes down to what you really need/ want it for. 

Overall I had it for 9 months and 9k on it and only lost $2500 in the deal. So to rent one for $2500 for 9 months was good to me. 

10 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

Saw a Raptor the other day with a Cap.   I guess everyone has different tastes but why would you put a cap on a SVT truck?????

it looked incredibly bland.

Yeah they look bland and I’m not a fan of caps on pickup beds. I did however use several work trucks with caps and they were incredibly functional. 

So it comes down to form over function. 

3 minutes ago, bry@n said:

Yeah they look bland and I’m not a fan of caps on pickup beds. I did however use several work trucks with caps and they were incredibly functional. 

So it comes down to form over function. 

Makes perfect sense on a work truck.  Or any pickup where you will have stuff in the back that shouldn’t get wet or perused by a potential thief.  I just thought it was a weird choice to start with a Raptor and go that route

They aren’t not good work trucks but I don’t need use it for work.  For my needs it can haul and tow way more than my suv.  Does it have less capacity than a standard f150, sure.  Is it way more fun to drive, sure.  I got it because I enjoy the performance it provides, 0-60 in 5 seconds.  I’ll take it off road a bit down here and use it as a beach tailgate party vehicle.  Do not buy if you have serious pickup needs.