Rob0115

Anyone checking out the 2017 Raptor?

Jeepster going bronco?? Broncos are cool but jeeps are cooler.......well 06 and older anyway lol

'03 Rubicon with 153K miles.  Just had to replace battery, alternator & starter.  I'm patching her through until the Bronco gets built.  I've always wanted one, but wound up going down the Chrysler road.

The Ford raptor is a prerunner... If you got your eye on a raptor, there isn't much of anything to substitute it.

Benz and BMW? Pay twice the cost for an SUV that is a little more than a lifted car?

For the cost of the AMG gwagon I could build out a raptor to be a prerunner for the Baja 1000.

• Like 1

If it's anything like the Everest, don't get excited

I've got faith that Ford will do the right thing and make it what it needs to be. I love my Jeep, but resurecting the Bronco into a decent daily driver with good to great offroad capabilities will satisfy me. Yes, the aftermarket isn't there, but it could be if they look at the formula that the Wrangler follows.

If your looking for new / used truck check out Truecar.com, It truly helps.  

My Father just traded his 06 SRT10 Manual (Not many in the area) in at Malouf.  If anyone's looking for 1 

Originally we brought it back to the dealer: Flemington Car & Truck Country, Which you would think they would give an honorable price.  (Even went on Black Friday)

Sad to say they tried robbing him.  They were $2500 over MSRP,, And even low balling him 2 grand on his SRT10. Over and over I played dumb asking theres nothing else you could can do, seems very high.  Which they came back with every excuse why the price was so high. Which took 4hrs.  I thanked them for there time. Pulled out my phone and showed them we were aware of what the MRSP is, They're jaws dropped,  And we walked out.

Next day went to Malouf and got a the deal Flemington Car & Truck Country should of done.  I have to say that web site really levels the playing field.  

I can't express enough if you're in the market for new / used vech. a quick look on truecar will tell you what a specific vehicle sells for in the area.  So you know if you're getting a fast one pulled over on you or you're getting a fair deal.  Even lets you know if it's a hell of a deal. lol  I don't work for them nor anyone I know.  This is the 3rd time weve saved money using it. 

Good luck hope this helps.

Raptors are going from 5-20k over MSRP most dealers in NY are 15-20, CA was 15. I just ordered one from a dealer in CT and paid him 3k for the honor. I had one dealer in FL tell me 5k and then sent me the order with a 10k markup--which was dicky.

I'll have mine in a few months exactly as I configured in Ligntning Blue because Ruby Red was discontinued.

I've got faith that Ford will do the right thing and make it what it needs to be. I love my Jeep, but resurecting the Bronco into a decent daily driver with good to great offroad capabilities will satisfy me. Yes, the aftermarket isn't there, but it could be if they look at the formula that the Wrangler follows.

i love my fords....but they're gonna hafta really step up to the plate on performance to go against the srt's....

• Like 1

If they do what they did with the Raptor, I'm all in.

If they give me two doors, a solid rear axle, and a real transfer case I'll be happy. A frame is the only thing given.

Removable doors, removable top, and terrible efficiency are a bonus.

Edit: I'm used car shopping and holy crap Jeeps are expensive.

If they do what they did with the Raptor, I'm all in.

i haven't seen much on it yet...but my understanding is that dodge is cranking it up on the durango.....that's gonna force ford to really hit a homer with the bronco.

hopefully they do

While the original broncos are really cool and I did allot of wheeling in one when I lived near pittsburg. Yes jeeps are still cooler. If I were given the choice between an original bronco or an original MJ and could only choose one it would be the MJ every time.

Not to mention every girl wants or has one as does all the sandle wearing flamers I see. The old jeeps are cool as hell but the new ones, they aren't near what they used to be.

I'll agree that after 06 jeep/wranglers went down hill and yeah I love my 4.0 straight 6. Not the best on milage or power but it lasts forever. And yes in general Chrysler sucks but so does modern day ford. (And I'm a ford fan) I will never buy a ford product again unless it has a carb on it.

Wife had a 2013 focus had Trans problems at less than 10k went back to the dealer 5 times and it still wasn't fixed. I wrote ford and was told that there was nothing they could do or would do. Thing hesitated randomly during acceleration from stop. Could have been very dangerous. Thankfully it was only a lease. Turned it in and went with a Toyota.

I had an 04 Rubicon that I loved and now have an 15 Wrangler. I like it. Roomy enough and plenty of Power. Now my 12 Tundra is far better reliability wise than and Ford, Chevy or Dodge I have ever owned. My wifes 13 Lexus ES350 is pure comfort.

Bringing this back from the dead.  I thought I’d buy a 2017 Gen 2 Raptor and never completed a deal.  I ordered from a dealer in CT for a bit over msrp but it didn’t happen.  I let it go for quite some time and recently got the itch again this week and made sure I scratched it today.  I scored a 2019 (a lot of nice enhancements for 2019) today and actually took it home. Surprised how nimble it is for something of its size.  I was out on the beach for a while tossing sand around but then had to run back to go to a dinner at a friends.  Initial impressions are surprisingly balanced, nice ride quality and it’s fast.  

• Like 1