Shawnmoore81

Supplements

Out of curiosity

What's everyone taking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing.  

Too much hype, too little data to back it up.   Waaaayyyy too much snake oil in the supplement market.

Eat a reasonably balanced diet appropriate for your activity level, and call it a day.

• Like 3

I used to take  fish oil, a multivitamin and something else I forgot. On a whim I decided to stop taking it for a while. Got tested and my blood work was exactly the same as when I was taking them. The following year the numbers didn't change. Never took anything else again.

• Like 1

I've mainly just been juicing. A lot of celery/carrot/apple but others as well.

Had knee surgery a few years back and started taking glucosamine so I'm still using that too. Seems to help since if I stop taking it for a week or so my knee gets a little achy but I'm not ruling out that it could just be the placebo effect :)

-Jim

I'm taking

Multivitamin - orange triad

Fish oil - optimum nutrition

Post workout shake

Musclepharm protein, creatine, glutamine

Mhp test booster

Musclepharm z-core (melatonin blend)

I was doing the gnc vita pack "performance" that had the multi, test and fishoil in it but decided to do em separately to see if the more notable brands make a difference.

I'm also debating on switching over to a company called earthfed muscle. They use minimum ingredients that are natural. Where musclepharm has great reviews uses a blend.

I'm taking

Multivitamin - orange triad

Fish oil - optimum nutrition

Post workout shake

Musclepharm protein, creatine, glutamine

Mhp test booster

Musclepharm z-core (melatonin blend)

I was doing the gnc vita pack "performance" that had the multi, test and fishoil in it but decided to do em separately to see if the more notable brands make a difference.

I'm also debating on switching over to a company called earthfed muscle. They use minimum ingredients that are natural. Where musclepharm has great reviews uses a blend.

Ok, I often stay away from this because there is no science behind 99% of supplements.  I take a multi-vitamin that has fish oil, probiotic and vitamins.  

https://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Light-Mens-Multivitamin-Count/dp/B0007YCC7S/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1488383052&sr=1-4&keywords=mens+multivitamin

The test boosters are absolutely the biggest bit of science fiction known to man.  They do 0, nada, nothing and there is no science behind them.  You don't need to supplement your protein and those other items.  Clean up your diet and you'll get all of these things, glutamine, protein etc from chicken breast (tastes better, costs less and you won't be hungry).  I occasionally take a some nitric oxide if I am just super tired before heading to the box.  

I am 52 years old 6' 3/4", 204 lbs and have 9.5% body fat (did a dip test last week).  Believe me just eat as clean as possible and you'll be lean and gain more quality muscle that way.  The protein supplements are hell on your kidneys as well and often lead to stones from the whey crystals.  

If you want save money and get the same results pay me half the money, I'll tell you look great and you'll still be getting the same results as the supplements only you'll have extra cash.  

If I could lay off the alcohol I'd be better but WTF?  There is no substitute for eating well when trying to be in shape.  

The guys that pimp for the protein and supplement industry may use that stuff to make it look good but they are usually getting in shape by taking a nice expensive 3x / wk cocktail of HgH, Trenbolone, Testosterone and so their balls don't completely disappear they take hCG and arimidex (aromatase inhibitor aka the bitch tit preventer).  It has nothing to do with the muscle mass shakes.

• Like 1

Dude, you must be jacked.

Don't give him a big head. As my trainer use to say. You can work out like a fook. Get strong. But if you don't lose the weight, you'll just be a fat pudgy strong guy with underlying abs and muscle. [emoji57]

Now for the ol' fooks like me. TTT, double dose of Saw Palmetto,

Smoothie shakes using fresh or frozen fruit with Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold. The best tasting and mixing shit out there. You can mix it with piss and it still tastes great. Dissolves in anything unlike the old crap that is lumpy and chalky. B12 chewable tabs. Niacin and some other shite I can't recall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I've mainly just been juicing. A lot of celery/carrot/apple but others as well.

Had knee surgery a few years back and started taking glucosamine so I'm still using that too. Seems to help since if I stop taking it for a week or so my knee gets a little achy but I'm not ruling out that it could just be the placebo effect :)

-Jim

Never decompose your fruits and vegetables.  Even blending starts them breaking down quickly.  Juicing is a great way to remove the fiber and increase your sugar intake.  

• Like 1

Don't give him a big head. As my trainer use to say. You can work out like a fook. Get strong. But if you don't lose the weight, you'll just be a fat pudgy strong guy with underlying abs and muscle. [emoji57]

What the heck is the difference? You think he is trying out for the Chippendales or something? Health is health and strength is strength.

You'd think some people only work out to look good...

• Like 1

Nothing.

Too much hype, too little data to back it up. Waaaayyyy too much snake oil in the supplement market.

Eat a reasonably balanced diet appropriate for your activity level, and call it a day.

This 1000%...just eat

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In a Muay Thai class you average 5 mins jump rope, 100 push ups, 100 sit up and 5 mins of abs. Bjj is like a hard core resistance training. So you get the effects of lifting without lifting.

What the heck is the difference? You think he is trying out for the Chippendales or something? Health is health and strength is strength.

You'd think some people only work out to look good...

Ya never know and why not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro