Luke_WO

Firearm Price Request Etiquette?

I don't actually buy guns very often, so I don't use the price request tool that much. In fact I used it last week for the first time in a couple years. Was just wondering how you all handle responding to the vendors who take the time to price your gun and send you a response.

I had a small handful respond to my latest request. When you get a response and you pretty much know that you won't be purchasing from that vendor, do you respond directly? Do any of you be perfectly blunt and tell them that their price is high? Just curious how you guys handle your correspondence with them. Obviously I don't wanna leave any vendor hanging that took the time to respond, but for all I know, some vendors might answer dozens of these a day and they'd rather not waste their time reading a message that tells them that I won't be giving them my business.

Curious as to your thoughts, particularly from vendors. Thanks!

I doubt any vendor is going to wait for a reply once the price is given. 

We get lots of requests for pricing , Most are just interested in numbers they are not ready to buy. 

I guess you can reply with "Thanks"  so they know you saw it.

No need to respond to their response.

If you don't get a response to your request, don't take it personally. The dealer might not have nor can get what you are looking for.

Also, your item may not be available by the time you decide to buy.

Sent from an undisclosed location

By using the price request you've  opened up a line of communication...once a reply is given, it would be nice to send a simple reply letting them know was received. "Appreciate the information" Only a few FFL's actually respond so not like you'd be responding all day lol. 

• Like 1