Ray Ray

Glocks, becoming like Colt?

And I don't have to worry about rolling around on the concrete with it or banging into something and scratching it. That's about it.

Let's be realistic, if your carry gun is a safe queen or is worth a lot of $$$ then you are carrying the wrong gun.

I have a buddy that carried a $4100 Nighthawk 1911 off duty. When called out on it he jokingly says his life is worth $4101.

I wouldn't do it when a Glock does everything I need and then some, but I get his point and support his decision.

He likes the gun, it's reliable, and he shoots it like a house on fire. He trust his life and the lives of his loved ones to that pistol.

I have a buddy that carried a $4100 Nighthawk 1911 off duty. When called out on it he jokingly says his life is worth $4101.

I wouldn't do it when a Glock does everything I need and then some, but I get his point and support his decision.

He likes the gun, it's reliable, and he shoots it like a house on fire. He trust his life and the lives of his loved ones to that pistol.

Agreed, and everyone has a different budget.

Nighthawk is on my short list for 1911s..... just need the moola or I could sell something. Ummmmm, forget selling something. My nuts are broke already. [emoji43]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I do carry a different primary when I go to BBQs and when the Eagles are playing (for luck). Actually, I didn't do that last season :D My buddy upsold me a really nice holster for it so it has to see air once in a while. I wanted a POS but he knew I was a sucker for quality and eye candy.

But Glock is EDC.

Nighthawk is on my short list for 1911s..... just need the moola or I could sell something. Ummmmm, forget selling something. My nuts are broke already. [emoji43]

I sold a couple of guns and it made me feel bad...so I stopped and just moved them instead.  

I sold a couple of guns and it made me feel bad...so I stopped and just moved them instead.

Running out of room and not buying another safe till I move. But really want a Nighthawk. So shall see. [emoji6]

To sum this up.

You first ask a Sig to prom.

Regected? Go down the line.

Eventually you'll get a glock.....

Sig 229 elite stainless prom queen.

Jus sayen

It's more like, "if you want to have the night of your life, you get a VP9. If you just want to get laid, you get a Glock."

• Like 1

RTF 2/gen 4 type grip texture (just for you Ray)

No finger bumps

1 pin design

Adjustable LOP

Ambi mag catch

Ambi slide release

Integral magwell

Glock 34/35 muzzle profile

A lot of changes here.

Something else I was thinking - Glocks have been around for a long time. People have a lot of money and effort invested in Glock parts, mags, holsters, ancillary and supper gear... if they changed too much, a lot of that stuff would be useless. People would be pissed.

• Like 2

Too bad you don't know what you're talking about.

What have I said that isn't true? Or at least is debatable?

I get it, you love Glocks. But some people don't. We are living in great times, you are not stuck with just Glock. We have a plethora of choices that do the same exact thing. This isn't like revolvers where it's basically S&W vs Ruger. There are dozens of options to choose from.

You like Glocks? Great, have fun.

I don't. I'll have fun too.

RTF 2/gen 4 type grip texture (just for you Ray)

No finger bumps

1 pin design

Adjustable LOP

Ambi mag catch

Ambi slide release

Integral magwell

Glock 34/35 muzzle profile

A lot of changes here.

Something else I was thinking - Glocks have been around for a long time. People have a lot of money and effort invested in Glock parts, mags, holsters, ancillary and supper gear... if they changed too much, a lot of that stuff would be useless. People would be pissed.

Glock personnel aren't stupid. They may be slow to change, but they know the deal. I still wish they dropped the horrible sights and figured out how to NOT make their triggers feel crunchy and creepy.

What have I said that isn't true? Or at least is debatable?

First, you said Glocks are chosen by noobs who don't know what they are looking for. Complete nonsense. Glocks are chosen by many pros who absolutely know what features are desirable in a defensive use pistol. Is it perfect? No, but neither is any other pistol. Glocks are probably the easiest pistol to tailor to your needs though.

Second, the comparison to Colt also makes no sense. If anything you are complimenting Glock. Colt still makes the best production level 1911, particularly for base guns that you can buy new for under $1000. Oh wait, I suppose you will say that Kimber and SIG make better 1911s.

Also, what plethora of 9mm striker fired guns are there to choose from? I can count on less than 1 hand the striker fired 9mm guns that can hold a candle to the Glock 17/19 in terms of reliability, performance, size, and price.

• Like 1

First, you said Glocks are chosen by noobs who don't know what they are looking for. Complete nonsense. Glocks are chosen by many pros who absolutely know what features are desirable in a defensive use pistol. Is it perfect? No, but neither is any other pistol. Glocks are probably the easiest pistol to tailor to your needs though.

Second, the comparison to Colt also makes no sense. If anything you are complimenting Glock. Colt still makes the best production level 1911, particularly for base guns that you can buy new for under $1000. Oh wait, I suppose you will say that Kimber and SIG make better 1911s.

Also, what plethora of 9mm striker fired guns are there to choose from? I can count on less than 1 hand the striker fired 9mm guns that can hold a candle to the Glock 17/19 in terms of reliability, performance, size, and price.

Let me break this down. Many guys buy Glocks so they could fit in. The dude wants to be cool, and not seem like a total newb. Who wants to buy the wrong gun, or be the guy who doesn't fit in. So, they fall back on a basic gun. Which is a Glock.

My comparison to Colt is actually close. Colt didn't change, and now they are irrelevant. I don't think Glock will fall like that any time soon, but they are slowly losing business to the other polymer guns in their class.

As far as 1911s, I prefer Springfield Armory. And it seems Rock Island Armory is making the BEST 1911s for under a grand. I'll buy a RIA before I buy a Colt. But that's partly because I don't trust Colt anymore.

And as far as guns that COMPARE to Glock 9mms, where do I begin? Springfield Armory XD, XDm, XD mod2

Walther PPQ, PPX, PPQ M2

S&W M&P, M&P 2.0

Ruger American Pistol

FN, FNX

H&K VP9

CZ P10c

Sig P320

Remington RP9(although these seem to suck)

Beretta APX (I think thats the #)

And there are probably ones I'm forgeting, and ones on the way.