Ray Ray

Glocks, becoming like Colt?

... It's time to move on, there ARE other options other than GLOCK PERFECTION.

There are other options, but it is funny that all of the guns post Glock are very Glock-like. Off the top of my head with the exception or the M&P (if you choose that option), they all lack any manual external safety. Striker fired is apparently the wave of the future, and the only variations seem to be partially cocked or fully cocked striker. 

As I said previously, you can choose whichever brand you like, but if you have some special application in mind like 3-gun or something like that, then you are going to modify any production gun you choose to suit your needs. A sight swap is common across most brands, unless they come stock with exactly what you are looking for. Oh, and if you settle for plain white 3 dot, you can't talk trash about Glock sights. 

I have looked at branching out to other polymer wonders, and every time I decide on Glock. What other brand has factory mags that go on sale for $16-$20?

Plus, as a carry weapon, why would I modify the trigger? I find the XD series a bit too light and the M&P too mushy (not positive) with it's 2 piece design. Glock kinda hits the nail on the head. Not too light, predictable and positive enough that I can keep a fist to hand sized group (depending on my kind of day) @ 25 yards with ease and confidence.

Then why is Colt laying off people? And what has Colt released recently, or in the past 20 years, that is relevant? NOTHING

And those same agencies concluded years ago that revolvers where better and plastic, safety-less guns had no place in the holsters of officers across the US. You are acting like those same "officials in the know" from 30 years ago. It's time to move on, there ARE other options other than GLOCK PERFECTION.

This is fun

You are making this way too easy. In the last 20 years? The series 70 small letter was brought back, and is arguably THE best production base pistol to build a custom 1911 on. The M45 and rail gun, and the Combat series guns. And reintroducing the Delta Elite. You do realize that the 1911 is over 100 years old and there are only so many ways you can reinvent the wheel right? Not everyone wants a 1911 decked out with crappy parts made to look fancy.

Also, Colt still makes some of the best ARs when it comes to quality.

And yes, while not every agency has their ducks in a row when it comes to equipment, here's a shocker for you. Some actually do run serious tests on various guns before selecting one. After that, data is still being collected based on field performance. In case you didn't get the memo, that's what track records are made of.

• Like 1

You are making this way too easy. In the last 20 years? The series 70 small letter was brought back, and is arguably THE best production base pistol to build a custom 1911 on. The M45 and rail gun, and the Combat series guns. And reintroducing the Delta Elite. You do realize that the 1911 is over 100 years old and there are only so many ways you can reinvent the wheel right? Not everyone wants a 1911 decked out with crappy parts made to look fancy.

Also, Colt still makes some of the best ARs when it comes to quality.

And yes, while not every agency has their ducks in a row when it comes to equipment, here's a shocker for you. Some actually do run serious tests on various guns before selecting one. After that, data is still being collected based on field performance. In case you didn't get the memo, that's what track records are made of.

I think your stuck in 1996. They used to be the big 1911 and AR maker, but times have changed. Daniel Defense and BCM have taken their spot in the AR world of Mil-Spec ARs. As far as 1911s, you get what you pay for.

Screw it. No more guns for me. I'm buying a few cases of Pop Tarts and making my own. No serial numbers needed. No evil features. Just delectable tasting Pop Tart Guns in all shapes and sizes! Oh, and few gallons of milk.

[emoji43]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ray Ray, like it or not, Colt is still THE mil-spec AR choice. DD and BCM are great, reliable, and a Tier 1 choice for ARs, but they are not spec. The TDP is closely guarded property.

Then why is Colt going in the opposite direction of everyone else? Face it, they are not who they used to be. Or claim to be. The grim reaper is at their front gate.

Then why is Colt going in the opposite direction of everyone else? Face it, they are not who they used to be. Or claim to be. The grim reaper is at their front gate.

When Colt is the standard, how are they going the other way? That makes no sense.

Their bread and butter is to build to the TDP. Period. Full stop. To do anything else, to innovate, means the rifle is not built to the standard. Exceeding the spec is out of spec.

Even with that -

They are currently offering factory monolithic free floating uppers in multiple configurations

The Colt CCU is a factory mid length carbine designed by Pannone and Hackathorn with a free floating hand guard and a low profile gasblock.

The Colt PDW offers a very short barrel rifle and a factory folding and collapsible stock.

They have multiple .308 options

Colt is bringing back their much in demand revolvers

Colt won the Marine SOC pistol solicitation with their rail gun

Yes, they are reorganizing.

Yes, they are laying off some folks.

No, they are not going away any time soon.

Unfortunately, for those in the firearm business Trump won. Gun and ammo sales are waaaay down. Everyone is scaling back.

HE summed it up perfectly. Sometimes a company's success isn't measured by coming up with a new flavor of the month on a regular basis, but by continuing to do what they are good at. And there's nothing wrong with putting an emphasis on military weapons. They exist to make money after all.

And yes you get what you pay for with 1911s. The reality is, if you want a modern 1911 made with top quality parts that are fitted properly, expect to oh well over $2K for it. $1K pretty much just gets you a quality base gun, or maybe a used older quality gun.

You have to experience and understand how Colt makes their products.  The tooling used for 1911s is old school legendary.  Crafted by gunsmiths with years of experience dedicated to making a superior product. These people are paid what they are worth and the price is reflected in the product.  What you buy is a firearm at the top of the production list only exceeded by custom built firearms from specialty houses.   At range days everybody wants to try the Colts and nobody is disappointed.  Having Colts made over the last four decades each with superior fit and finish with not one requiring factory service is a testament to their dedication to their product.  As far as I am concerned they are lifetime purchases, not hear today, traded tomorrow pieces.  Timeless classics that still today are in demand.

Yes they are struggling, everybody is today, but when your at the top of your game it is very hard to stay on top.  As the original AT&T about that, always some little ratbastard nipping at your ankles.

How dare you MEN team up on me! Racist, sexist, homofobic, capitalist, right wing jerks.

This is now my safe space, free from hurtful people like you.

What a bunch of deplorables.

I win

How dare you MEN team up on me! Racist, sexist, homofobic, capitalist, right wing jerks.

This is now my safe space, free from hurtful people like you.

What a bunch of deplorables.

I win

That declaration might work if you got rid of that gay looking avatar.

Ahhhhhh, I feel better now. Been wanting to say that for years. All in the timing. [emoji847][emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro