Ray Ray

Glocks, becoming like Colt?

Yeah, cause they ain't doin well here.

Ray Ray, you're smarter than that.

Ain't doing well compared to what? The last 8 years? Shocker....

What gun or ammo company is currently doing the same business as they did in 2012 or 2014? You can't continue to run a company with all-hands-on-deck staffing when the firearm business isn't booming.

If you are only looking at layoffs to gauge the health of the company, try again. Federal laid off 110 at the Anoka, MN plant this week and Remington showed 161 the door - all during the same time frame as Colt's losses.

Are they also stagnant and doomed to fail?

Or is it now that Nobama, the greatest gun salesman the free world has ever known, has left office and a 2A friendly (still hesitant to use "Pro 2A" for the Donald) President is sitting in the big-boy chair, sales have slumped and just can't support the infrastructure that was needed to fill all the gun and ammo orders over the last 9 years.

Zeke:

Robert Nioa said the company, as the current provider of Colt Small Arms for the Australian Special Forces and LE communities, is committed to maximising Australian industry capability in the provision of our support to Australian agencies.

“This agreement will allow NIOA to offer Australian government expanded domestic opportunities for future small arms procurements and also demonstrates the close NIOA/Colt company relationship.”

Colt clearly sees a new market available to make money. I'm guessing the AUS .mil will likely have a solicitation for new rifles soon and Colt is setting up to make a play for the contract with a "Made in Oz" stipulation.

The dems have always told me Guns are banned in Australia.

Ironic. Australia just announced another amnesty program to turn in their guns. They are hoping the rebels comply. Lmao.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ironic. Australia just announced another amnesty program to turn in their guns. They are hoping the rebels comply. Lmao.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Black market huge there now. Maybe colts looking for cash....

Ray Ray, you're smarter than that.

Ain't doing well compared to what? The last 8 years? Shocker....

What gun or ammo company is currently doing the same business as they did in 2012 or 2014? You can't continue to run a company with all-hands-on-deck staffing when the firearm business isn't booming.

If you are only looking at layoffs to gauge the health of the company, try again. Federal laid off 110 at the Anoka, MN plant this week and Remington showed 161 the door - all during the same time frame as Colt's losses.

Are they also stagnant and doomed to fail?

Or is it now that Nobama, the greatest gun salesman the free world has ever known, has left office and a 2A friendly (still hesitant to use "Pro 2A" for the Donald) President is sitting in the big-boy chair, sales have slumped and just can't support the infrastructure that was needed to fill all the gun and ammo orders over the last 9 years.

Zeke:

Colt clearly sees a new market available to make money. I'm guessing the AUS .mil will likely have a solicitation for new rifles soon and Colt is setting up to make a play for the contract with a "Made in Oz" stipulation.

That's Ray Res point. So colt is going mil only again....

the definition of insanity is....

So we know they are not taking money in hand over fist from the civilian market, but scaling back that operation and focusing on military contracts is insane?

They make what they make and it is a fine product. They stand behind it too. If you want a neat looking gun that works but don't want to spend the money, RIA, Ruger, Remington and Springfield can fit that bill. If you want a 1911, Colt is where it's at. You get what you pay for. IMHO they have character.

They will branch out when they have something to offer. Look at Ruger rushing to be like the Joneses and dropping the "American" on us, or SA hyping everyone up with that big marketing campaign and Bam... Another AR. Not saying they are bad products, just saying that most of what we are getting is not true innovation.

AK-107? First company to drop an AR/AK or anything with that tech will rake in the $$.

Incorrect.

If they were going .mil only, there would be nothing but M4s, M16A4s, and Commandos.

You wouldn't be seeing a new midlength rifle, PDWs, SBRs, Monolithic uppers, revolvers, .308 guns, etc.... if they were only filling .mil contracts.

Incorrect.

If they were going .mil only, there would be nothing but M4s, M16A4s, and Commandos.

You wouldn't be seeing a new midlength rifle, PDWs, SBRs, Monolithic uppers, revolvers, .308 guns, etc.... if they were only filling .mil contracts.

They have forgotten about the civilian market. Period

They make their money on government contracts. Period

I would love to have one of these

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/Colt-Competition-Pistol

They also sponsor shooters and they are pretty well known like Maggie Reese.

HK on the other hand I don't know shit about except their pistols are fugly and I've only seen one guy shoot one at a match. 

I would love to have one of these

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/Colt-Competition-Pistol

They also sponsor shooters and they are pretty well known like Maggie Reese.

HK on the other hand I don't know shit about except their pistols are fugly and I've only seen one guy shoot one at a match.

Blasphemy! The hell you say! [emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray, HE just gave you concrete evidence of how they have NOT forgotten about the civilian market, with examples such as mid-length rifles, .38s. Not to mention the different flavors of 1911s, which includes THE best base 1911 you can buy today.

Yet you continue to ramble on about how they have forgotten the civilian market. Where exactly is the disconnect with you?

• Like 1

Incorrect.

I quotes it again because apparently you had a stroke and forgot how to read..... :rofl:

Again, why would a company that only caters to Govt contracts make so many products that .mil and .gov organizations won't use - the revolvers, the PDWs, the .308 rifles, the new uppers?

These are things the people want - unfortunately only the people in free America are able to purchase them - not any Govt. contracts.

I quotes it again because apparently you had a stroke and forgot how to read..... :rofl:

Again, why would a company that only caters to Govt contracts make so many products that .mil and .gov organizations won't use - the revolvers, the PDWs, the .308 rifles, the new uppers?

These are things the people want - unfortunately only the people in free America are able to purchase them - not any Govt. contracts.

Colt makes 1911s and ARs. The same shit since, well, since the 70s.

S&W, for example, started out with revolvers and now they make everything. And are doing excellent to boot.

My point is, they have nothing relevant to today's market. Which is why they basically have become a military supplier. Which is fine I guess, if your Australian or Canadian. Oh wait, Colt Canada closed.

Well, if they were successful, they wouldn't be laying off now would they?

Hmm, odd?

Jeebus!

AFCAD731-7A6B-4B1F-AE9D-3FF46850867F_zps

B579AEC1-1C91-4105-B047-E33C42B0A7F9_zps

Everyone is laying off. Obama is out. Clinton lost. Panic buying is over. Gun sales are returning to pre-Obama numbers. That means things are getting back to normal.

The last 9 years was not typical of the gun market. Companies are going back to sustainable employment numbers for the future sales they are expected to do in a 2A friendly political environment with no looming threat of bans or other such silliness....

Is it really that hard to understand? It's simple economics and makes perfect business sense.

• Like 1

Relevancy is in the eye of the beholder. Samuel Colt might have said that once in his life. Maybe he just said it while rolling over his grave as we speak. Some companies have cult followings. Maybe with that and other advents, can survive.

There are companies out there that should have you scratching your head, that survive.

It amazes me that a company comes out with another AR like the Saint. Nothing like trying to reinvent the wheel. But competition is good and what we need to keep prices at bay. Maybe that lil niche will appeal to 'their' cult.

I would hate like hell to see Colt not survive no matter what the reason. They have a spot in history that carved this country's existence since day one. They hold a place in my heart. I can say that about Colt. I cannot say that for companies like Charter Arms.

If and/or when we lose a company like Colt, we lost a part of history. We should mourn. You'd have to appreciate history to get that.

If they came out with an old model like a snake gun or even something never tried, I'd probably buy one. Why? Because its a Colt. Because I am part of their cult and for Colt, that is a good thing for most companies.

I don't think any big company thinks big only and screw the lil guys. Its not a good savvy business practice. In the words of the president of a company I worked for decades ago, "Never forget the little guy because once the big guys are gone, the little guy will be the only ones supporting you"...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk