Ray Ray

Glocks, becoming like Colt?

Glock is the gun someone buys that doesn't know what they want or is uneducated in what they should be looking for. And then after they shot it they find out its not all their cracked up to be. So the buyer starts educating themselves on what they need in a defensive pistol. And along comes all the other major players in the striker fired arena and the Glock gets pushed aside by the newbie shooter.

Glock is in danger of becoming Colt. A company that doesn't change and hasn't updated or changed anything AND losing to everyone else.

Rant over, sorry.

• Like 2

Sounds more like the definition of a liberal democrat!

Protest protest protest!

What a fooking whiny world this planet has become. [emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A Springfield XD is the gun that gets bought by the same people that buy a Ford. (Think its made in the USA, by Americans for Americans...)

The HK is bought by the same people that buy a Prius or a Benz. (Status)

Sig is bought by someone that buys a Dodge. (1,000,000 floating around with around 999,999 getting recalled with terrible service rep.)

The Glock buyer is the buyer of common sense and reliability. (Toyota, has some issues rarely but is always there when you need it)

I have a ton of time on all the platforms listed above including the 320 almost 2 years ago when they were being tested.

Is Glock the end all be all? Almost.

• Like 4

A Springfield XD is the gun that gets bought by the same people that buy a Ford. (Think its made in the USA, by Americans for Americans...)

The HK is bought by the same people that buy a Prius or a Benz. (Status)

Sig is bought by someone that buys a Dodge. (1,000,000 floating around with around 999,999 getting recalled with terrible service rep.)

The Glock buyer is the buyer of common sense and reliability. (Toyota, has some issues rarely but is always there when you need it)

I have a ton of time on all the platforms listed above including the 320 almost 2 years ago when they were being tested.

Is Glock the end all be all? Almost.

Weird, I like my P7 PSP and my VP9, I would never drive either of those cars. I'm not a prissy little bitch....

Any insight on my S&W Shield ownership or my wifes EAA Pavona? I'm sure those will be wrong too :p

• Like 1

What is Glock not doing that everyone else does? They cover all the sizes and a bunch of calibers that you cannot get off the shelf with other manufacturers.

There are endless customizations available if the box stock Glock doesn't do it for you.

The price is also reasonable, and despite them all basically being the same most people own more than one.

If a "modular" pistol is really the wave of the future, I'm sure they will be there when they need to be.

I personally think that the whole modular thing only really serves people that are issued guns, not people that buy them.

Other than that, what is Glock not doing?

What is Glock not doing that everyone else does? They cover all the sizes and a bunch of calibers that you cannot get off the shelf with other manufacturers.

There are endless customizations available if the box stock Glock doesn't do it for you.

The price is also reasonable, and despite them all basically being the same most people own more than one.

If a "modular" pistol is really the wave of the future, I'm sure they will be there when they need to be.

I personally think that the whole modular thing only really serves people that are issued guns, not people that buy them.

Other than that, what is Glock not doing?

I do like that Glock has every size of gun imaginable, and in every semi-auto caliber available.

But, their design is dated, their triggers are bad, the sights are plastic and useless, and nobody fits their finger grooves. But the big issue is that they are priced like their triggers and sights and grips good. If they made REAL upgrades and kept the prices reasonable, then we can talk. But until then, Sigs and H&Ks and FNs and Springfield Armorys and ALL the other players in the game will keep passing them by.

• Like 2

Lol.

I actually like the M&P series.

I have fond things to say of HK. Without going into detail I have seen the piss beat out of em and they held their own.

Sig, customer service from what I have seen is terrible.

15977838_10210027177974913_1261818060717

• Like 1

Glock...history of being reliable and helped pave the way for what striker fired polymer pistols being the current standard.

The only striker pistols that are at least equal (and maybe better in some regards) are the VP9 and PPQ. The jury is still out on the CZ P10, but it shows promise. Sorry, the M&P, any modern SIG, or xD series don't belong in the same category.

Also, who cares about the stock sights on a Glock. Most serious shooters change sights on ANY pistol. There is not a single factory sight I would happily use.

Glock could do more to innovate.... I'd like to see some fancy space age shit - integrated white and IR lights and lasers. RDS built into slides, ambi slide controls. Maybe a safety for the pocket size guns - but it will cost for the development and that cost will be spread to the prices of all their products.

But they aren't terrible. They have the G43 and G42 now. Small single stacks are pretty relevant now for what the public is clamoring for.

They saw everyone milling their slides for RDS, so they came out with the MOS line.

Single stack compact .45 was the hot ticket for a while - boom Glock 36 is released.

People wanted a long slide 10mm for hunting - Glock produces the Glock 40.

The G17M for FBI has a lot of features people ask for in an "updated" Glock, I'm sure you will be seeing many of the requested "improvements" in Glocks next generation release.

In the end, thier triggers are acceptable. I hit what I aim at....

Their sights are admittedly placeholders. There are 47,000,000 sight options for Glocks out there today. Which set should they go with (that will raise the price of the gun accordingly) that every shooter that buys a Glock will love? Or, should they install placeholder sights that are usable until you get the particular sights you prefer?

Shit... You get three shooters together you'll get 4 opinions on which sights are best. I'd rather not buy sights twice. Glock should keep the plastic sights on there and keep the price where it is. I'll spend the money on the exact sights I want instead of what Glock thinks I want.

In the end Glocks do what really is the only thing that matters in a defensive handgun. They go bang when you want them to and hit what you are pointing at - as long as you do your part...

• Like 1

Glock could do more to innovate.... I'd like to see some fancy space age shit - integrated white and IR lights and lasers. RDS built into slides, ambi slide controls. Maybe a safety for the pocket size guns - but it will cost for the development and that cost will be spread to the prices of all their products.

But they aren't terrible. They have the G43 and G42 now. Small single stacks are pretty relevant now for what the public is clamoring for.

They saw everyone milling their slides for RDS, so they came out with the MOS line.

Single stack compact .45 was the hot ticket for a while - boom Glock 36 is released.

People wanted a long slide 10mm for hunting - Glock produces the Glock 40.

The G17M for FBI has a lot of features people ask for in an "updated" Glock, I'm sure you will be seeing many of the requested "improvements" in Glocks next generation release.

In the end, thier triggers are acceptable. I hit what I aim at....

Their sights are admittedly placeholders. There are 47,000,000 sight options for Glocks out there today. Which set should they go with (that will raise the price of the gun accordingly) that every shooter that buys a Glock will love? Or, should they install placeholder sights that are usable until you get the particular sights you prefer?

Shit... You get three shooters together you'll get 4 opinions on which sights are best. I'd rather not buy sights twice. Glock should keep the plastic sights on there and keep the price where it is. I'll spend the money on the exact sights I want instead of what Glock thinks I want.

In the end Glocks do what really is the only thing that matters in a defensive They go bang when you want them to and hit what you are pointing at - as long as you do your part...

Well thought out, professionally typed and makes for a great response.

There was a version of Glock that I actually liked, and they no longer make them. The RTF or RTF2 version. Bring that gun back, without finger grooves AND with usable sights AND with a better trigger AND guess what you have? A VP9.

Well thought out, professionally typed and makes for a great response.

There was a version of Glock that I actually liked, and they no longer make them. The RTF or RTF2 version. Bring that gun back, without finger grooves AND with usable sights AND with a better trigger AND guess what you have? A VP9.

LMAO. HK is nice. The biggest gripe I have with HK is that they make a P30 full size and sub compact. Where is the compact? The P2000 fills that role, as does the HK45c, but where is the VP9c? Why do I have to choose between a P30 and P30SK? I like a "carry" sized gun with a full grip (that is just long enough) and shorter barrel. I could just be picky, but I like a G19 size gun.

Oh, and then there is the capacity thing... Same size mags, but lower round count? Squeeze at least one more in there HK.

The bottom line is there is no manufacturer that nails it. Everyone makes concessions when they are choosing a pistol. A lot of it depends on your intended purpose. If you are a real match shooter, I doubt any off the shelf gun will have a solution trigger wise that will better serve you than any aftermarket solution. As far as sights go, I agree with HE. The Glock sights are placeholders. The only factory sights that make me happy are the SIG and HK night sights.

• Like 1

My Glock is my least favorite handgun but normally my primary carry. The only thing I have it for is to put holes in things the closest the fastest the mostest. Every once in a while I'll play with it at 100 yards but I would rather use a single action. I'll shoot my .38 at cans all day long. Or, "I betcha I can hit that thing over there." When I shoot my Glock it's drills.

• Like 1

LMAO. HK is nice. The biggest gripe I have with HK is that they make a P30 full size and sub compact. Where is the compact? The P2000 fills that role, as does the HK45c, but where is the VP9c? Why do I have to choose between a P30 and P30SK? I like a "carry" sized gun with a full grip (that is just long enough) and shorter barrel. I could just be picky, but I like a G19 size gun.

Oh, and then there is the capacity thing... Same size mags, but lower round count? Squeeze at least one more in there HK.

The bottom line is there is no manufacturer that nails it. Everyone makes concessions when they are choosing a pistol. A lot of it depends on your intended purpose. If you are a real match shooter, I doubt any off the shelf gun will have a solution trigger wise that will better serve you than any aftermarket solution. As far as sights go, I agree with HE. The Glock sights are placeholders. The only factory sights that make me happy are the SIG and HK night sights.

Did you blink? P30L, P30 and a P30SK...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Seems they're releasing more SFP9 (VP9) series guns in Europe, so they're probably coming here shortly.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/03/01/hk-sfp9-l-sfp9-sk/

Glock has changed. They now offer modular grips. Which makes a world of difference in the damn things fitting well for various people. No idea how well they fixed up fitting the smaller end of the range of human hand sizes, but they at least did something. 

Glocks are perfectly serviceable guns and pretty decent in the grand scheme of things. With their new grips, even more so. You can also get spare parts out the hoo-ha even if you are just a regular schmo, which is useful. It'll be the first real successor to the 1911 in the world of handguns because it was very popular, and it's patents will run out before any other striker fired platform. 

IMO the only thing that really needs fixing with it are the factory sights. +1 for being very low to the bore. -1000 for being garbage hunks of plastic that break fairly easily if you actually use the thing a lot. -5 for the weird boxy white outline on the rear. 

They are doing a pro-forma objection because that's what happens in procurement. 

I'm perfectly fine with the factory Glock sights. The reason is, no serious shooter really cares, as that will be changed regardless. In fact, I wish more production guns came crappy plastic sights if it keeps costs lower.

With the plethora of great aftermarket sight choices, there isn't a stock factory sight worth bothering with.

• Like 1

Did you blink? P30L, P30 and a P30SK...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This is what I'm talking about:

Dsc_0373.jpg

How did Glock make such a perfect firearm? The grip accommodates my whole hand (with a shorter grip) and it still holds 15+1, the same capacity as the VP9. Based on looks alone, the VP9 should be at least 17+1. I'm not even going to go into the difference about the height above the tang.

1021151652a.jpg

The P2000 and HK45c are probably HK's best work in my opinion.

4udx7t.jpg

Vic, what I took from your post is you wanted to see 3 different size P30s and I just supplied them. ;)

Maybe I didn't understand your point.

Lol, you certainly did. I'll just stick with the original point that no manufacturer makes anything that can please the majority of their customer base right off the shelf.

• Like 1