the_stranger

Orthopedic Surgeon

Hi All. Can anyone recommend a good Orthopedic Surgeon (hand and wrist)?

I got some info from the web, but would rather hear from someone with first previous experience.

For what it's worth, I'm on Warren County

Thanks

I did an intensive search for a similar problem with my wife.  We went to the Central Jersey Hand Surgery.  Gregory G. Fedorcik was our surgeon and he was fantastic.

They do everything from hand/arm reconstruction to a hang nail. Offices in Freehold, Eatontown and Toms River.  Check the like out below.

http://www.centraljerseyhand.com/

Good luck!

I used Dr Mark J McBride about twenty years ago for elbow surgery and he was excellent. He explained everything beforehand, from the amount of time it would take to be 100% even the amount of pain I would be in after. Google him and read the reviews.

Union County Orthopaedic in Linden and Clark. They are the best there is. I have had multiple orthopaedic issues for over 40 years and started with Dr Kline. You will want to see Dr Mackessy.

A general, do all orthopedist may be able to take care of you. However, the best isn't going to cost you any more. All the doctors there have subspecialties and that's what you really want.

UCOG will fix your problem with the least invasive procedure. I've referred friends and family to them for over 40 years. Everyone was more than satisfied with the outcome.

Little ride for you but we'll worth it IMO.

I used Dr Mark J McBride about twenty years ago for elbow surgery and he was excellent. He explained everything beforehand, from the amount of time it would take to be 100% even the amount of pain I would be in after. Google him and read the reviews.

Dr. McBride did my right bicep .... excellent!!

Tri-County has a group of highly rated surgeons

Not first hand experience but my mother in law went to Dr Boretz in Bridgewter Orthopedic. She has no recovery issues after the surgery. Her neighbor went to him as well for both wrists and had the same excellent results as did a woman from my wife's office.

Union County Orthopaedic in Linden and Clark. They are the best there is. I have had multiple orthopaedic issues for over 40 years and started with Dr Kline. You will want to see Dr Mackessy.

A general, do all orthopedist may be able to take care of you. However, the best isn't going to cost you any more. All the doctors there have subspecialties and that's what you really want.

UCOG will fix your problem with the least invasive procedure. I've referred friends and family to them for over 40 years. Everyone was more than satisfied with the outcome.

Little ride for you but we'll worth it IMO.

To add to this, my mom was referred to them for issues with her wrists probably about 35 years ago by another surgeon who punched out of her case for being above his head.

• Like 1

To add to this, my mom was referred to them for issues with her wrists probably about 35 years ago by another surgeon who punched out of her case for being above his head.

That would have been Dr Mackessy that took care of her.

If you can work out the logistics, Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan is head and shoulders above everyone else. Almost all the top athletes in the world go there for anything ortho related.

A lot of people get scared off thinking that they'll never get an appointment or that they won't take their insurance. I recommend that you just call and ask. I tore my Achilles tendon on a Sunday in November and had it done on Thursday by a guy with more signed sports jerseys on his wall than the Hall of Fame.

The hospital even waived 100% of my co-pays after I told them I couldn't afford it and sent them a copy of my w2 (though most places do this).

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

don't go to a surgeon, unless you want to have surgery. Wrist/Hand surgery is a nasty thing and everyone is obsessed with this predisposition that you have to get freaking surgery on everything, or that surgery can fix everything. Alternative is where its at....I have PRP on cartilage tear in my wrist TFCC and its healed. My friend fractured his scaffoid bone in his wrist. They wanted to put screws in it. We put his own stem cells in it and he is back to lifting weights and working at the refinery. All i'm saying is explore and exhaust ALL options before the scalpel. Im about to have PRP on 2 of my rotator cuff tendons next month, super psyched. had I gone to a surgeon he probably would want to complete the tear and then mytek suture it or some bogus shenanigans like that

Regenexx.com

don't go to a surgeon, unless you want to have surgery. Wrist/Hand surgery is a nasty thing and everyone is obsessed with this predisposition that you have to get freaking surgery on everything, or that surgery can fix everything. Alternative is where its at....I have PRP on cartilage tear in my wrist TFCC and its healed. My friend fractured his scaffoid bone in his wrist. They wanted to put screws in it. We put his own stem cells in it and he is back to lifting weights and working at the refinery. All i'm saying is explore and exhaust ALL options before the scalpel. Im about to have PRP on 2 of my rotator cuff tendons next month, super psyched. had I gone to a surgeon he probably would want to complete the tear and then mytek suture it or some bogus shenanigans like that

Regenexx.com

As I said before all the doctors at UCOG will use the least invasive procedure. These doctors know how to take care of you. I've been going there over 40 years. The only real surgery I've had is a knee replacement and that's only after getting by with other procedures for years. The most back surgery I've had I walked out after 45 minutes, already feeling better, with 2 bandaids on my back.

Yes, they are surgeons but are not scalpel happy.