Sign in to follow this  
Screwball

Got an Unique Carcano

There is a lot of Carcano history... especially when it spanned two World Wars, but one rifle seems to be the Carcano oddity; C2766... Oswald's rifle.

A few of you know I like oddity, so my second Carcano... first was my sporterized Type I.

4BA4B53A-54EA-4F11-959A-7DA1243F7944_zps

86411ED0-7E55-4E72-85D6-5EE0EA10A75D_zps

31AD0049-9E20-4A52-8C17-C2AFEF273BF0_zps

I got it for a decent price, and it was pretty much as Oswald owned. But got a folding bayonet, and a few other war time accessories (bunch of brass clips).

But to be fair, holding a similar rifle does give you a better understanding of the shooting. It kind of gives you the feeling it likely went down as described... but I think he shot irons opposed to the scope.

There is a lot of Carcano history... especially when it spanned two World Wars, but one rifle seems to be the Carcano oddity; C2766... Oswald's rifle.

A few of you know I like oddity, so my second Carcano... first was my sporterized Type I.

4BA4B53A-54EA-4F11-959A-7DA1243F7944_zps

86411ED0-7E55-4E72-85D6-5EE0EA10A75D_zps

31AD0049-9E20-4A52-8C17-C2AFEF273BF0_zps

I got it for a decent price, and it was pretty much as Oswald owned. But got a folding bayonet, and a few other war time accessories (bunch of brass clips).

But to be fair, holding a similar rifle does give you a better understanding of the shooting. It kind of gives you the feeling it likely went down as described... but I think he shot irons opposed to the scope.

I am looking for this exact rifle..any idea where i can find another. Its looks like a beauty. Enjoy it

I am looking for this exact rifle..any idea where i can find another. Its looks like a beauty. Enjoy it

GunBroker is probably your best bet... where I found mine.

Problem is that surplus forums don't usually take kindly to people "building" those rifles. While I hate someone taking a Mosin Nagant and making it into a tactical rifle... I feel this was very tastefully done as a way to get a better idea of a historical event. But certain people call it sacrilege.

It is a very nice gun. I do actually like the Carcano design, but wasn't that big on it to just go out and get a run of the mill Carcano. This kind of give me another unique firearm to add to the collection.

• Like 1