Fred2

Mouse Guns

A 9mm would be my minimum caliber unless I was packing Lehigh Defense Extreme Penetrartor in 380. That being said I like the Ruger LC9s Pro or the Walther CCP.

I believe mouse guns end at 380, no?

I believe mouse guns end at 380, no?

Depends on who you ask...

Personally, I lump pocket guns with mouse guns. I'd consider both my S&W 642-1 (in 9mm) and my SIG P938 mouse guns. It might not be NAA sized, but smaller than a sub-compact.

If you do get technical with the definition, you can get Derringers in 9mm, .45, and alike.

• Like 1

I like the Sig 238 type pistols, but the idea of carrying them hammer up bothers me.

(and they don't shoot hammer down)

Cocked and locked isn't for everyone... but the P938's safety is very positive. In a holster of some type, I don't see it being swiped off.

Cocked and locked isn't for everyone... but the P938's safety is very positive. In a holster of some type, I don't see it being swiped off.

Happened to me once but I was getting in and out of the car multiple times. It won't fire unless you press the trigger so in a good holster it was OK but I try to remember to check the safety if I am getting in and out of the car often.

Any thoughts on the Sig 290 and the Beretta Pico?

I shot the Nano fairly well but the trigger was like a Ruger DA. I was accurate firing slow but not so much with controlled pairs.

I have heard the Pico has the same trigger.

After holding a Beretta Pico for 10 seconds, I already didn't like it. Not enough gun for my hands to grab.

I find the Beretta Bobcat is instinctive to hold/point and very accurate in .22LR. The action is DA/SA and can cock n' lock. The slightly thicker grip nestles comfortably in my palm. The only issue (besides comments about 22 stopping power, etc) is that 50 rounds or so can cause it to hang up on a full mag due to carbon build up.

I carry the PC shield. Fantastic gun. However, I've lost a lot of weight since I first moved to NJ and I'm no longer able to conceal it under just a t shirt.

i need an even smaller gun I can conceal in the NC summers. I've been looking at the RM380. Those brave enough to buy one all seem to like them. It's the same silly pin release as the Rohrbauer or whatever it was called (too expensive so I never looked into them). Anyone here have any experience with this new Remington mouse gun?

ive also been checking out the NAA in 22. They make a slightly larger barrel version as well. It's rim fire, but a revolver somewhat decreases the unreliability factor since the cylinder spins to the next round if it doesn't fire. Do you guys just put this in a pocket holster? I've already got a phone and keys in my 2 front pockets so I think I'd rather put it IWB. What do you guys do?

Lastly, duck duck go searches (I no longer use google) brought up the double tap. It is a very cool derringer like gun in 9mm. Anyone seen one of these? Only 2 rounds, but at the very least it checks rule #1 of an unexpected gunfight.

i prefer to buy American so that limits me quite a bit. Figure worst case I can get an LCP380. Sigs look fantastic but I have issue spending that much for such a tiny gun that won't see much range time.