Sign in to follow this  
diamondd817

Striper Charter Recommendations

Lol. I've been out on down deep, hyper striper, and flukeu. you can't go wrong with anyone of them. Flukeu is the smallest boat of the 3 if I remember correctly but still plenty of space for 5 people.

Lol. I've been out on down deep, hyper striper, and flukeu. you can't go wrong with anyone of them. Flukeu is the smallest boat of the 3 if I remember correctly but still plenty of space for 5 people.

Thanks, I'll look them up

They in the gateway area?

Thanks, I'll look them up

They in the gateway area?

keyport and sandy hook if I'm remember right. When I get home I'll find my log book and can find out for sure............yes I live up to my screen name, I have log books with all the info from everytime I've been fishing for the past 14 years.

keyport and sandy hook if I'm remember right. When I get home I'll find my log book and can find out for sure............yes I live up to my screen name, I have log books with all the info from everytime I've been fishing for the past 14 years.

Awewsome. Let me know the best time to go for stripers also. Its been a long time for me. I want to introduce my kids to salt water fishing this year.

May and June for the spring run and mid October to December for the fall run. How old are your kids? Honestly Id recomen going for fluke and or bluefish during the summer instead of chasing stripers. If your kids are big enough to drag in some blue fish then that's what I'd recomendations going for. Find a school and it will be literally 1 fish after another on every cast, I can almost guarantee that that would spawn a life long passion for fishing. If your kids are smaller I'd recommend fluke fishing.

11/12yrs old. Fluke and Blues are on my to do list. I never really did any striper fishing, so it's for me also. I figure the sight of a 30-36" bass coming up over the side would be enough to get them "hooked" for life. Heck, I was even contemplating taking them to the Florida keys this year for Tarpon season, but I figured they are not ready for that.

Seeing a nice striper come over the rail will definitely hook them (pun intended lol) but as you know with fishing there is no guarantee you will catch a fish. Chumming up a school.of blues is as close as a guarantee as you can get in fishing. Take em out for blues this summer and then striper this fall. Your kids are ild enough for tarpon as snook fishing down in Florida but if you were willing to go that far I'd recommend going down to Florida as close to Christmas as you can and going out trolling. You can catch sailfish, marlin, small tuna, dolphin, wahoo and kingfish all in the same day. I caught my first sailfish when I was 11 so your kids are old enough to fight those types of fish. Maybe not a big marlin you can take that one lol.

Whenever you go if your near flemington your welcome to stop by and pick up my fighting belts to borrow. It's a belt that has a small cup on it that accepts the butt of the rod. It's allot more comfortable for kids to use because the Rods can be a bit big for them. I have a few of them.

Whenever you go if your near flemington your welcome to stop by and pick up my fighting belts to borrow. It's a belt that has a small cup on it that accepts the butt of the rod. It's allot more comfortable for kids to use because the Rods can be a bit big for them. I have a few of them.

Thanks, I actually have 2 fighting belts. Me and the wife used to go fishing down the Florida keys often before the kids came along. I'm already thinking a Florida keys fishing trip is going to happen in 2018!

Thanks, I actually have 2 fighting belts. Me and the wife used to go fishing down the Florida keys often before the kids came along. I'm already thinking of a Florida keys fishing trip for 2018!

let me know when and where exactly I have a few friends that run boats in Florida. Mainly near west Palm Beach but depending on the fishing sometimes a few of them are fishing out of the keys. Marathon area usually. My mom is down in Florida looking to buy a home right now, Sarasota area (not my first choice) and if she does the wife and I already are planning a road trip from there to the keys for some fishing for our daughters first keys trip next year. She is only 11 months right now lol. We're pretty into fishing so she's just going to grow up fishing.

let me know when and where exactly I have a few friends that run boats in Florida. Mainly near west Palm Beach but depending on the fishing sometimes a few of them are fishing out of the keys. Marathon area usually. My mom is down in Florida looking to buy a home right now, Sarasota area (not my first choice) and if she does the wife and I already are planning a road trip from there to the keys for some fishing for our daughters first keys trip next year. She is only 11 months right now lol. We're pretty into fishing so she's just going to grow up fishing.

We rent a half of a duplex house in Marathon (Key Colony Beach) that is on a cove and comes with a 22' Boston Whaler CC that's docked in the yard for the week. The guy still has these rentals available I believe. Cheap too. Favorite fishing spot was anchoring up right under 7 mile bridge. Lots of action. It's like a super highway for the fish transitioning from the ocean to the bay and vise versa.  

We rent a half of a duplex house in Marathon (Key Colony Beach) that is on a cove and comes with a 22' Boston Whaler CC that's docked in the yard for the week. The guy still has these rentals available I believe. Cheap too. Favorite fishing spot was anchoring up right under 7 mile bridge. Lots of action. It's like a super highway for the fish transitioning from the ocean to the bay and vise versa.

yeah I know that area well. I once spent 2 weeks on pidgin key, it's the small island under the old bridge right where the first gap in the old bridge is. 2 weeks of nothing but diving and fishing. It's nothing to wade out 200+yards from the island and still be in waist deep water. Super fun with a fly rod!! Sombrero reef has some killer grouper fishing and lobster diving. The whole area is a fishing meca in my opinion