Sign in to follow this  
Larry1851

FFL in a different state...

I may have answered this in my mind but I'll ask it anyway.  I'm in the process of a trade for a handgun in another state.  Can I send my handgun directly to the other state's FFL?  Or do I need my FFL here in Jersey to send it to the other state's FFL?.  Thank you.

It's cheaper and easier to have your ffl ship it for you. 

Easier yes, cheaper not necessarily. It depends on the FFL you're sending it to if they'll accept the handgun from a non-FFL. Legally you can ship your handgun from you to the FFL out of state. If they will accept it is another story which brings us to shipping from FFL to FFL. That is ultimately easier, but will your FFL charge you to do that? So it won't necessarily be cheaper but it'll definitely be easier to ship FFL to FFL. 

Easier yes, cheaper not necessarily. It depends on the FFL you're sending it to if they'll accept the handgun from a non-FFL. Legally you can ship your handgun from you to the FFL out of state. If they will accept it is another story which brings us to shipping from FFL to FFL. That is ultimately easier, but will your FFL charge you to do that? So it won't necessarily be cheaper but it'll definitely be easier to ship FFL to FFL. 

UPS and FedEx require handguns to be shipped overnight, so if you ship it yourself your going to get dinged for the expensive shipping. If your FFL doesn't charge a lot to ship out it will be cheaper to have them ship it through the USPS (which non dealers cannot do).

• Like 1

Looking to sell handgun on Gunbroker.  Shipping cost is the problem as mentioned above.

Has anyone used or know of  an FFL in North Jersey that will ship for a "reasonable" fee.

I'm in Livingston.    Thanks.