Twospot

Burned my second P2P

So I was set on burning my second P2P on a S&W M&P M2.0. Well that ain't happening! I checked out a Walther PPQ M2 and fell in love. It makes holding my Glock 19 feel like I'm holding a 2x4! I really love this thing.

Downside, I won't have it in hand until Monday. It was a bit late in the day today and NICS didn't come back before 5.

I ended up buying it a Shore Shot. GSSC had one and it was pushing $700 I guess because it had an FDE lower. I didn't want that. SS was $625. Lowest price I found was $590. SS is 10 minutes from my house and the other vendor is 30 minutes. SS charges only 3.5% sales tax. So net difference was about $15 which wasn't worth the extra drive for me.

When I get it Monday I'll post pics. I'm stoked to get this in my hands!

• Like 2

Very nice choice! Funny, I was all excited about the new M2.0 until I tried out the trigger. It isn't terrible, but compared to the PPQ, they're not even in the same league. I guess I was expecting better, given the tend of new striker 9s with good triggers.

Enjoy!

Ok folks here we go. So I picked up the PPQ. I thought I still had a box of 50 in my ammo box but there were only 35 in the box. I wasn't paying range price for another box so I threw 35 rounds down range.

Now I'd like to refer you to my Glock thread where I posted targets http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/85066-my-small-changes-to-glock-19/?p=1095674. The targets in that thread I shot at 5 yards. I seemed to have a consistent left and a bit low issue going on. When I bought the PPQ on Saturday, I did shoot the Glock. I do not have the targets anymore to post but I went ahead and shot at 7 yards. Still had the same problem, but i was more all over the map. So I wanted to shoot the PPQ for the first time at 7 yards as well. You'll see below there were a few flyers but overall It was pretty darn good compared to the Glock targets.

Now here is my take, because I basically flew in there finished the signatures, booked in the range shot 35 rounds, and booked out as I didn't have much time. The gun definitely feels WAY better in my hand than my Glock. I love the grip and although the grip width is virtually the same, the ergos and rounded grip really allow is to fit my hand much more nicely. The trigger is definitely sweet. I haven't shot many different guns but I'll say, to me, it is definitely a lot better then the Glock stock trigger. So I am definitely thrilled with my purchase. As far as recoil, I perceived it to have a little more recoil than the Glock. Lastly, at a minimum I need a different front site. I am not gonna mess with the rear, but I think I like a bright front sight like on my Glock but not that big. Probably will get a dawson or williams front sight sight and keep the rear. I am not gonna rush on that though, I don't think anyway LOL. I am almost certain I am returning those Speed Sights on the Glock and will just but the stock sights back on for now. There you have it!

so bottom line, I am THRILLED with the purchase!!! Next purchase, I think will be a membership to a range. I'd like to do CJRPC, but after watching their video I am a little intimidated walking in with such little experience. I am going to try and push myself outside my box and do it though LOL.

PPQ1.jpeg

PPQ3.jpeg

PPQ2.jpeg

PPQ%20first%20shots.jpeg

• Like 1

That's cause glocks suck. Or you jus found your fit.

Oh snap!!! All the peacocks will be spreading their feathers shortly LOL!

Seriously though it could be that, or it could be I didn't have time to think lol

Sorry, I know it's just personal taste, but those Walther's have to be the ugliest, toyish looking handguns currently on the market! Comparing that to a all metal Sig or CZ or Beretta, the Walther looks like a comical toy you would buy at Toys R Us. The grip just looks ridiculous and almost cartoonish. I know its a great gun and I HAVE held it, I just cant get past that goofy look!

Again, just my opinion!

Ok folks here we go. So I picked up the PPQ. I thought I still had a box of 50 in my ammo box but there were only 35 in the box. I wasn't paying range price for another box so I threw 35 rounds down range

Stop throwing the rounds down and range and fire them through the gun. I'm sure it'll work out better.

Thanks T-Bill! I knew Dawson as well as Tru-Glo had sights. I'll need to check out 10-8.

I have Trijicon HD sights on mine, and as much as I love them on my Glocks, my preference is to get a pressed in rear sight - I have not decided if I am going to put the PPS (press fit into dovetail) Trijicon HD sights on, or if I am going to go with the Dawson Tritium set or maybe 10-8 -

I really enjoy having that front sight jump out at me (anyone who has had the HD's know what I mean) so I'm not keen to give that up.  But there is the slightest amount of play on the rear sight of my HD's (which was there with the factory plastic as well) which annoys me.

out of the box its an amazing pistol and a real tack driver - its stupid how accurate it is - Only other thing I added was a couple more Mec-Gar mags (bless our hearts we still can get 15 rounds in this communist state), and a BT Guide Rods RSA for the pistol

That must have beeen during the WWB recall but I can't believe that really happened and these morons are alive to tell the story.

• Like 1

I have Trijicon HD sights on mine, and as much as I love them on my Glocks, my preference is to get a pressed in rear sight - I have not decided if I am going to put the PPS (press fit into dovetail) Trijicon HD sights on, or if I am going to go with the Dawson Tritium set or maybe 10-8 -

I really enjoy having that front sight jump out at me (anyone who has had the HD's know what I mean) so I'm not keen to give that up.  But there is the slightest amount of play on the rear sight of my HD's (which was there with the factory plastic as well) which annoys me.

out of the box its an amazing pistol and a real tack driver - its stupid how accurate it is - Only other thing I added was a couple more Mec-Gar mags (bless our hearts we still can get 15 rounds in this communist state), and a BT Guide Rods RSA for the pistol

I'm gonna leave the stockers on for now. I reached out for some training but the guy seems to be pretty slow at responding. I figured let me get some training then I can make a decision on changing the sights on the PPQ

Holy f*cking sh*t!!!!! Are you serious????? There is no way that actually happened. I just cannot even begin to believe that is real. The guy was even calling his friend a genius!!! There is just no way.