Jfoster99

Knock Off AGOG and EOTECH

Two of my AR's in 5.56mm having matching AR's in .22LR that I setup as close as possible match each other for training purposes.

Over the past year I upgraded the optics on the 5.56mm rifles to an AGOG and EOTECH which threw off the training compatibility with .22lr guns...

I could not justify spending that kind of money on the .22lr rifles so I looked into the knock off versions of each and was very impressed with the quality for the price.

I know a lot of people are against it I principle but since I purchased the real versions i don't feel bad... AimPoint makes two version of there magnifier and several others as well make Pro/military and civilian versions... Eotech and Trijicon could benefit from doing the same...

Any case I got the knockoffs from Www.shootercbgear.com They shipped airmail from Hong Kong and arrived in 5 days and when I ordered.

The FDE colored optics are the real deal. Black are the knockoffs.

57fec2cb9f28ebdbeff1fb60de7e5e02.jpg

Use of the Trijicon and EO Tech names is a trademark violation. You're lucky Customs and Border Protection would have seized these and you'd be out whatever you paid.

This is the reason they don't ship these for wholesale sale. A larger shipment is more likely to be scrutinized and seized. It's impossible for CBP to examine the thousands of small shipments that come in daily.

If you order knockoff anything you stand the risk of losing it and your money.

• Like 1

How bad or good are they?

The ACOG is illuminated by the fiber optic and the cross hair is clear.. lens is decent.. the RMR looked great.. it is built solid but I doubt any more durable then a typical $100 optic on the internals.

The red dot on the Eotech is crisp but not quite 1moa. Closer to 2moa.

Postman left it at the front door and it had to warm up a bit to turn on bright. Not sure if it was battery or electronic issue...

Well worth the $100 but certainly not in the same class as the real deal.

I would rate them like this.

Look and feel is 99%

Function 70%

Reliability 20%

• Like 1

One of the rumors i hear quite often is that some of these "knockoffs" arent knockoffs at all, but made by the same companies either here sans insurance and shiped overseas, labeled for airsoft only and whatnot and then reimproted. never made much sence to me, but thats what i hear.

i have a fake acog on an airsoft rifle, no tritium, but the fiber works like a charm in daylight

One of the rumors i hear quite often is that some of these "knockoffs" arent knockoffs at all, but made by the same companies either here sans insurance and shiped overseas, labeled for airsoft only and whatnot and then reimproted. never made much sence to me, but thats what i hear.

i have a fake acog on an airsoft rifle, no tritium, but the fiber works like a charm in daylight

That may be true. However, some of these knockoffs don't get the same quality control the real deal does.

Use of the name and/or trademark is a violation though. You take the chance of losing your money if you order one of these.

These are packaged with the OEM markings covered so as to minimize the risk of confiscation. Reality is it is just not an issue with a small package no matter how much u want to pretend t is.

Many companies offer lower end "civilian" versions of there military spec products. I paid Trijicon and Eotec $1500 and $1000 respectively for their optics. So until they offer a cost effective training options I will sleep just fine with my purchase decision.

Many people have a .22lr clone of their primary battle rifle to use for training. It is beneficial to have the controls as identical as possible to practice the manual of arms and build muscle memory. Making this an excellent setup for training.

If your personal conviction prevent you from making such a purchase that's fine.

I think a majority of people would consider such a purchase and enjoy discussing it here but are hesitant due to the judgmental tone of some replies.

This country is offering acceptance and recognition of almost every group and personal identification there is. It is time for " knock off optic purchasers" or KOOP's to demand acceptance of their "personal purchase decisions" or PPD's.

Please click "Like" I f your are a KOOP and/or support their right to make PPD's without judgement. ☹️

• Like 2

Dude, I don't care how you are trying to justify this to yourself, you are supporting fraud.

I have ZERO problems with buying cheaper optics for training guns, Primary Arms has made solid business selling various clones for example but they do NOT pretend to be something they are not.   I'll support companies honest about what they are doing,

Sure, you can make whatever personal purchase decision you want, but don't delude yourself that you are innocent in the knock off business.

• Like 4

These are packaged with the OEM markings covered so as to minimize the risk of confiscation. Reality is it is just not an issue with a small package no matter how much u want to pretend t is.

Many companies offer lower end "civilian" versions of there military spec products. I paid Trijicon and Eotec $1500 and $1000 respectively for their optics. So until they offer a cost effective training options I will sleep just fine with my purchase decision.

Many people have a .22lr clone of their primary battle rifle to use for training. It is beneficial to have the controls as identical as possible to practice the manual of arms and build muscle memory. Making this an excellent setup for training.

If your personal conviction prevent you from making such a purchase that's fine.

I think a majority of people would consider such a purchase and enjoy discussing it here but are hesitant due to the judgmental tone of some replies.

This country is offering acceptance and recognition of almost every group and personal identification there is. It is time for " knock off optic purchasers" or KOOP's to demand acceptance of their "personal purchase decisions" or PPD's.

Please click "Like" I f your are a KOOP and/or support their right to make PPD's without judgement. ☹️

Don't complain about the Chinese taking over the manufacturing for the rest of the world then.

If you sold the "Jfoster99 Red Dot" you would feel much differently I'm sure.

• Like 1

Gentleman,

I don't need lecturing on my Personal Purchasing Decisions.. I am fine with purchasing a replica optic, especially having already purchased the OEM version.

I would have liked to have a discussion on training and use of said optics but these overzealous righteous morality opinions have spoiled my post.

I really don't think this rises to the level of being taboo to even discuss. You need to respect and accept that people's purchasing decisions may differ from your own.. Having done so if you have nothing constructive to add to a post just skip it and move to the next one....

I don't have the time or energy to keep explain my opinion on this... If anyone has questions / comments on the use or functions of these optics I'll be happy to answer them other wise let's just close this topic and move on to something else.

I spend time on this site to get a break from my wife's nagging... I'm starting to think perhaps she is a member...

Gentleman,

I don't need lecturing on my Personal Purchasing Decisions.. I am fine with purchasing a replica optic, especially having already purchased the OEM version.

I would have liked to have a discussion on training and use of said optics but these overzealous righteous morality opinions have spoiled my post.

I really don't think this rises to the level of being taboo to even discuss. You need to respect and accept that people's purchasing decisions may differ from your own.. Having done so if you have nothing constructive to add to a post just skip it and move to the next one....

I don't have the time or energy to keep explain my opinion on this... If anyone has questions / comments on the use or functions of these optics I'll be happy to answer them other wise let's just close this topic and move on to something else.

I spend time on this site to get a break from my wife's nagging... I'm starting to think perhaps she is a member...

Ok, my 2 cents. As you can see, folks here shared their opinions of why and how they feel. You now know that you'd most likely not get the answers you want. People here for the most part spend a lot of money on their hobbies and like myself, are very compassionate.

So I don't know or understand how you can expect someone to explain to you how to train with knock-offs if I understand you right. If you already have authentic devices, what would change any methodology?

Good luck......[emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro