MartyZ

Striker fired .45

Ok, so i'm looking to burn my second permit after 3/27 (31 days) and I really want a striker fired .45, I have a USP 45 which covers the hammer fired category. Now let me say right off the bat, I don't want a glock, please no glock suggestions, I don't want to start a debate, I just don't like them.

I love H&Ks but i'm tired of waiting for a VP45 and my permit will expire before it comes out, if ever. So my choices are slim from what I can see, either PPQ 45, S&W MP 2.0, Sig P320, or XD45.

The PPQ45 is probably the most obvious choice, I really wished they had an M1 version, I love the paddle mag release, but I guess that aint going to happen.

Am I missing anything, any other suggestions?

Oh yeah, and my budget for this is about $600, which is the approximate price point of all listed above.

If you notice in my original post, i'm already partial to the PPQ. "The PPQ45 is probably the most obvious choice". I just wanted to know if there is any other pistol I missed. But it seems like PPQ is the best choice. Thanks everyone.

Probably. But I'm with you on an M1 version. That would have been my preference.

But shoot we must.

I also really like my USP 45 in DA/SA for a hammer fired pistol. It is a really great gun. Since you are looking to get a striker fired pistol, I would recommend the S&W M&P 45. I have looked at them a few times at the NRA Conventions the last few years at the S&W booth in the Exhibit hall. I really like them, & may eventually get one, to go with my "old fashioned" 3rd Generation 4506. I am not familiar with the Walther PPQ pistols or the Sig P320. 

Thanks everyone for your great suggestions. I should have mentioned that I am looking for a full sized pistol, atleast 10 rounds. Right now the PPQ is in front with the S&W MP 2.0 and XD 4" in the running. from a price standpoint, the S&W and XD mags are a lot cheaper than the PPQ's mags, half the price actually. And SA currently has a rebate offer for 4 free mags and holster. From what I hear the PPQ has the nicest trigger of them all but from a functionality and dependability perspective is one better than the other?

I'm actually seriously thinking about the XD(M)® 5.25″ COMPETITION SERIES .45ACP

The 4.5 inch version is my favorite, but I've shot the 5.25 and it's just as nice. The 4 free magazines are hard to beat as well, which is why the 3.8 is on my radar.

• Like 1

The 4.5 inch version is my favorite, but I've shot the 5.25 and it's just as nice. The 4 free magazines are hard to beat as well, which is why the 3.8 is on my radar.

the 4 free mag rebate I believe is good till June. It also includes a holster and double-mag holder.

In 45acp? Can I shoot it???

Sure can! I can't travel much right now due to the 11 day old that's currently asleep on my lap, but if you can get up to like gfh I'd gladly meet ya after work and let ya blow some rounds through it.

Sure can! I can't travel much right now due to the 11 day old that's currently asleep on my lap, but if you can get up to like gfh I'd gladly meet ya after work and let ya blow some rounds through it.

Deal, and I'll bring the 4.5. Oh, and leave the baby at home.