MartyZ

Striker fired .45

Deal, and I'll bring the 4.5. Oh, and leave the baby at home.

both the 13mo and 12day old both allready have their own red riders, theyll join some day, shoot me a pm and well see what works schedulewise and see whatelse is worth takin for a spin

both the 13mo and 12day old both allready have their own red riders, theyll join some day, shoot me a pm and well see what works schedulewise and see whatelse is worth takin for a spin

Right on papi

I bought a Compact Sig P320 in 45 with Night sights in December - great pistol, 9+1 capacity, similar dimensions to my Glock 19 (slightly bigger) - 10+1 if you buy the Full size but that's a big boy.

If you are looking at Full size I would highly recommend Walther PPQ 45 for the 12+1 - its similarly sized to the P320 45 (Full)

My .02 - I love my PPQ 9mm and probably will get the 45 too in the future.

I was originally leaning towards the PPQ45, only because there is no VP45 on the horizon, I already have a VP9 and I love it. Without question the PPQ quality is top of the line, but I compared to other high quality striker .45, in my view, it's only outstanding feature is the trigger, which is not a deal maker for me. So I started looking at other thinks such a cost of ownership, sights, etc. And honestly the XDm 5.25" won out. It has a longer sight radius, fiber front sights and adjustable rear sights. All the online reviews i've seen are positive, and the magazines are $25 instead of $45. Plus it comes with 3 magazines and SA has a rebate offer for 4 more free magazines. So it was either all of that for the XDm or the better trigger of the PPQ. That is just my take on it. I will be ordering the XDm tomorrow, thanks everyone for your feedback.

• Like 2

I was originally leaning towards the PPQ45, only because there is no VP45 on the horizon, I already have a VP9 and I love it. Without question the PPQ quality is top of the line, but I compared to other high quality striker .45, in my view, it's only outstanding feature is the trigger, which is not a deal maker for me. So I started looking at other thinks such a cost of ownership, sights, etc. And honestly the XDm 5.25" won out. It has a longer sight radius, fiber front sights and adjustable rear sights. All the online reviews i've seen are positive, and the magazines are $25 instead of $45. Plus it comes with 3 magazines and SA has a rebate offer for 4 more free magazines. So it was either all of that for the XDm or the better trigger of the PPQ. That is just my take on it. I will be ordering the XDm tomorrow, thanks everyone for your feedback.

I just one of these Springfield Armory XDm 45 Competition in stock - 5.25" barrel, three 13 round mags - and priced to move at $599.

Sure, I'll do that tonight. They are basically fiber front, with 3 interchangeable colors in the box, and black rear adjustable sights.

I see all the XDm guns now are coming with a fiber optic front sight. Mine did not. I can always swap it out.

Marty, now is the time to grab a Powder River Precision trigger kit for the XDm from Brownells.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/triggers/xd-xdm-drop-in-trigger-kits-prod53900.aspx

Get a referral to open an ActiveJunky account get another $10 and 4% ($4.00) rebate, use Brownell's code "MP3" and that trigger kit is $84 delivered. Lists for $125.00.  Or you could step up to their Extreme or Ultimate Match Target kits.

http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/category.sc?categoryId=33

Marty, now is the time to grab a Powder River Precision trigger kit for the XDm from Brownells.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/triggers/xd-xdm-drop-in-trigger-kits-prod53900.aspx

Get a referral to open an ActiveJunky account get another $10 and 4% ($4.00) rebate, use Brownell's code "MP3" and that trigger kit is $84 delivered. Lists for $125.00.  Or you could step up to their Extreme or Ultimate Match Target kits.

http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/category.sc?categoryId=33

That's a pretty good deal. With promo code LDD it comes out to $99.99 with free shipping

I'm not sure you really need to swap out the trigger on the XDm lineup, but to each his own.

This.  Trigger is very good out of the box on the XDM- Its not a PPQ but I don't see a need to change it - then again I also leave my Glock triggers stock.

Mine arrived Wednesday, now I have 7 mags!

Tom: Does that mean that you are now going to come out with us and shoot IDPA?

Marty:

Don't forget that external changes to the trigger are prohibited under IDPA rules - internal OK - just in case you were thinking of using this for IDPA.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Tom: Does that mean that you are now going to come out with us and shoot IDPA?

Marty:

Don't forget that external changes to the trigger are prohibited under IDPA rules - internal OK - just in case you were thinking of using this for IDPA.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I'm definitely planning on using it for IDPA, but not until I get out to the range, adjust the sights, and practice with it a little. But technically I will be shooting CDP so I can have a trigger over travel stop. I definitely want to put on a springer magwell, the PRP extended grip safety, and the PRP SS guide rod. But these are all future upgrades.

Got out to the range this morning. Straight out of the box, no cleaning, 300 rounds with reloads without a single hickup. The trigger is a bit iffy for my taste but i do have a prp drop in on the way. I think i found my new CDP gun.

• Like 2